Place a bet at 2 tick below

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby warriorfullights » Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:22 am

This is why I am studying VBA for this kind of codes. Anyway, thanks for sharing about it.
Image Happy Betting to all punters
warriorfullights

Re:

Postby Torino33 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:09 pm

GaryRussell wrote:In column R you can use the plusTicks or minusTicks function.
eg. =plusTicks(H5,2) to add 2 ticks to the lay odds

Gary,

For the greenup.xls spreadsheet, in column R there's already the formula =IF($T$2="Y";AA5;"")
What do i do to add 2 tick to the lay odds in this case?
Torino33

Re: Place a bet at 2 tick below

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:45 pm

If you've got those plusTicks functions in a module on the spreadsheet already you just change the AA5 in the formulas to plusTicks(AA5,2) i.e

=IF($T$2="Y",AA5,"")

to

=IF($T$2="Y",plusTicks(AA5,2),"")

and copy the formula down the R column.

If the functions aren't on the sheet just follow the instructions on the third to add a module and the plusTick functions
Captain Sensible

Postby Torino33 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:33 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:If you've got those plusTicks functions in a module on the spreadsheet already you just change the AA5 in the formulas to plusTicks(AA5,2) i.e

=IF($T$2="Y",AA5,"")

to

=IF($T$2="Y",plusTicks(AA5,2),"")

and copy the formula down the R column.

If the functions aren't on the sheet just follow the instructions on the third to add a module and the plusTick functions

Many thanks Captain Sensible :)

One more thing, is it normal that the stop loss from the betting option is not working when the spreadsheet is running? Ex: after my manual bet, i'm firing the spreadsheet, after that i'm ticking the 'enabled' stop loss and enter an odds to exit in case it goes agains me but it doesn't place the bet when it reach my stop loss odd. Any idea why?
Torino33

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:22 pm

I'm not clued up with the stop loss functions as I never use them but I'd imagine if you wanted stop loss options applied to a bet you'd need to tick and set the options before the bet was placed not after. Also sometimes odds move so quickly in running that the stop loss odds may get missed, the manual should give more help than I can re:stop losses

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... p_loss.htm
Captain Sensible

Postby Torino33 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:07 am

Captain Sensible wrote:I'm not clued up with the stop loss functions as I never use them but I'd imagine if you wanted stop loss options applied to a bet you'd need to tick and set the options before the bet was placed not after. Also sometimes odds move so quickly in running that the stop loss odds may get missed, the manual should give more help than I can re:stop losses

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... p_loss.htm

Cheers mate !

Got another question. Instead of using the stop loss function from the betting option, can i set an automated stop loss trigger for a fixed loss amount(£20 for example) in the spreadsheet above?

If so, what would be the formula to add to this existing spreadsheet?

Thanks!
Torino33

Postby Torino33 » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:08 am

I have a hard time incorporating the stop loss formula in the R column along with the minustick formula.

The formula =IF($T$2="Y",minusTicks(AA5,2),"") work fine when its the only formula in the R column.

Same for the stop loss formula, it work fine when its the only one in the R column. For the stop loss formula, as i stated previously, it need to be triggered if the "greened up P&L" from the column AB5 reach over £20. I have come with this formula for the stop loss: =IF(AB5<=-20,00;AA5;"")

My problem come when i try to put the twos formula together on the same line in the R column:
=IF($T$2="Y";minusTicks(AA5;1);IF(AB5<=-20,00;AA5;"")) Anyone know what's wrong with this formula?
Torino33

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Hard to say without knowing what all the reference cells do, but from what I can see the formula IF(AB5<=-20,00;AA5;"") will only come into play when T2 is not equal to Y , does T2 change once a bet's been placed?

Like I say I don't use the stop losses but I'm sure plenty do and they've been around for ages on the program. Probbly better off using one of the established stop loss trigger modifiers than writing your own as they've been around a while and there's plenty to choose from

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... ifiers.htm

MIght be an idea to start a new thread regarding the stop loss .
Captain Sensible

Previous

Return to Discussion