Excel Trigger Betting

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Trigger Betting

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:39 pm

Does anyone know what happens to the Bet Ref col etc. if Betfair shuffle the runners about ie. move a gambled horse higher on the screen ? Does the bet ref move to the row where the runner goes to ? I got some duplicated bets earlier and I think that it was due to the bef refs being against the wrong horses.
Ian

Postby boycee » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:30 pm

Don't think it does . I have been caught out a couple of times on Auto Pilot with the same thing. It happens if you have triggered a bet usually way before the off time and of course, non runners coupled with shortening and drifting prices. Before you know it Betfair may have shuffled the order a few times, setting off your triggers when you don't want them and of course not triggering when you do want them.

That's why I don't use auto betting until say 10 min before the off.

Hope that helps. :wink:
boycee

Postby Ian » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:48 pm

Thanks Boycee - I was trying out a new sheet and left it running about 4 hours before the off time. No damage done fortunately, as the basis of the sheet is that I can cover with the fixed odds firms.
Ian

Return to Discussion