Average Odds/ Matched Stake excel

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Average Odds/ Matched Stake excel

Postby Bananarama » Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:24 pm

Hi, I have been experimenting with excel spreadsheets, I have a problem with my spreadsheet. When a bet is partially matched, I can get the spreadsheet to succesfully cancel the unmatched portion and place it again with the stake correctly set for the current best back odds. However when my spreadsheet rechecks the market, and tries to resubmit the bet after cancelling it again, the Average Odds/ Matched Stake information from the earlier partial matched bet is no longer on the spreadsheet, so the spreadsheet cant find what portion of the bet was previously matched. Is there a way of showing a markets overall standing? Or am I overlooking an easy fix?

Hope you can understand my problem :D

Bananarama
Bananarama

Postby Bananarama » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Just bit of extra info, I am using the CLEAR command to clear the bet references. Is there a way to stop CLEAR clearing the Average Odds/ Matched Stakes.
Bananarama

Postby PeteB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:50 pm

Are you doing this in code or cell formulae?

If in code, then you can store the average odds / matched stake just before you set the cancel trigger - you could store them in variables in your code, or in cells somewhere else in the spreadsheet if you need to refer to them in a cell formula.

Could you maybe use the p&l figures per selection to tell your overall position?? It's relatively easy if you only have bets on one selection.
PeteB

Postby Bananarama » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:51 am

Thanks for your reply Pete.

My sheet is written using formulas etc, unfortunately I'm not much good on VB yet. Using the profit/loss figures is problematic as there are various bets being layed accross the market. What I'm doing is using a true false statement to enter CLEAR in the trigger cell when the statement is true. That is when I became aware that the CLEAR trigger also clears average odds and matched stake info. What I need is some way of clearing the bet reference in T5 when A05 is TRUE, and so on clear T6 when A06 is TRUE ETC.....

Regards Bananarama
Bananarama

Return to Discussion