Help please Re: refresh charges

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Help please Re: refresh charges

Postby treehead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:20 pm

I have had four pages up at once monitoring markets in the Newcastle v sunderland game , then the same in the Man city v Pompey game. I set the throttle request at 20 and then noticed the number in brackets was (357).
I reread your info and realised my mistake.
In future do I divide the 20 by the number of markets I have running?
Giving your payment example in the info, am I going to be met with a £35 bill from Betfair for monitoring these makets over a few hours?

Regards
Treehead
treehead

Postby laffo16 » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:47 pm

did you have the "throttle requests" checkbox ticked in peferences?
laffo16

Postby treehead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:55 pm

The request box is ticked, but not highlighted like everything else.
So I cant untick it.
I have since brought the number down to 5, but it still seems to go above the setting.
Good news is that (357) hasn't gone up.
treehead

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:57 pm

You have to tick 'Throttle requests'. The throttle limit will be ignored unless you you tick this option. When it is ticked you will see that the number of requests never exceeds 20 no matter how many markets you are monitoring.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby treehead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:02 pm

Thanks for getting back so quickly.
Can you tell me if I will be liable for the number in the bracket and will it cost me what I peviously posted?
treehead

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:04 pm

What version are you running? Prior to version 1.1.0.2 it was possible for the occasional request to exceed the limit when set to 20, but nothing excessive. If you are not running the latest version (1.1.0.6) then please install from http://www.gruss-software.co.uk

Multiply the amount in brackets by £0.001 = £0.357 = 35 pence
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:10 pm

Also the option is not available to untick if you have not ticked the startup message that appears each time you open the program notifying of the new request charges. Is this message still appearing each time you open the program? If so then scroll down to the bottom of the message, enter your Betfair username and tick that you agree.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby treehead » Sun Apr 20, 2008 6:13 pm

I will download the new version now.
Thank you all for the Help.
treehead

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:40 am

treehead I wouldn't get too hung up on the data charges as long as you'd paid 7p in commission you wouldn't have incurred any charges due to the offset they apply.

http://content.betfair.com/aboutus/?pro ... %20Charges

For every £1 in commission either that you've paid or implied commission (i.e. the amount the winner would have paid on one of your losing bets) you'd get 5000 requests over the 20 without incurring charges.
Captain Sensible

Postby llama » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:21 pm

I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but I have been through the forum and I could not find it being mentioned......

It was just that I was wondering what are the implications if, in the above case, the throttle limit gets reduced down to 5 requests per second.

What is the actual downside to this setting i.e. How is the performance actually affected......?

What difference would the user actually see......?

Thanks.
llama

Return to Discussion