Calling Captain Sensible

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby rave154 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:39 pm

PS to my last post,

i was using the BFExchangeService.wsdl as given from this link..

https://api.betfair.com/exchange/v5/BFE ... rvice.wsdl which does NOT have xml for login & logout.

however ive just tried the BFGlobalService.wsdl from this link...

https://api.betfair.com/global/v3/BFGlobalService.wsdl

and all is well now... have just logged in correctly. :-)
rave154

Postby rave154 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:33 pm

hmm..

seems that... you have to import two wsdl's...

the BFGlobalService wsdl in order to log in, transfer funds and all of that stuff.........and also the BFExchangeService...in order ro place bets, get markets etc etc.. and.....once logged in using the xml from the global...use that session token in the next API call in whichever wsdl youre using ( I think )
rave154

Postby PeteB » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:35 pm

Yep that's it.

The BFExchangeService is for all the stuff that's exchange-specific - you will call the UK exchange or the Aus exchange according to the event your want to bet on - that's why it's split up like that.

Download the "Betfair Sports Exchange API Reference Guide v6" from here
http://bdpsupport.betfair.com/ics/suppo ... k=download

Page 10 explains how this works
PeteB

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:45 pm

Busy day rave154, glad you managed to sort it - like pete says the global exchange is used for the login, keepalive stuff then the UK and Aussie exchange use different wsdl's for bet placement etc.

Yep just use the session token from the login to call any other api service and update the session each time with the session response. My stuff calls keepalive every 10 mins or so to ensure there's a valid session token but plenty of times they just return the same token if it's just a req for odds rather than a bet update.

Now you've managed to login it shouldn't be too hard to amend your current code to parse the getmarketpricescompressed and use your existing routines
Captain Sensible

Postby phrenetic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:09 pm

You need to import the General WSDL as well.

The last URL I had for this was:
https://api.betfair.com/global/v3/BFGlobalService.wsdl

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby phrenetic » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:10 pm

Oops - that'll teach me to read page 2 of the topic before answering a question on page 1 :-)

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby rave154 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:43 pm

Thanks for the help fella's..

got the API working....all ready to start coding...and then caught a horrendous piece of spyware and took two days to get rid of it. yikes
rave154

Previous

Return to Discussion