Logging placed bets in Excel

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Logging placed bets in Excel

Postby yursaduian » Sun May 04, 2008 7:54 am

Gary

When I place a lay/back bet before the off, it appears in my "Mybets" sheet but when the bet is placed In Running it doesn't show up.

Is there a reason for this?

Ta
yursaduian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 8:36 am

It should not make any difference that the event is in running. Which in running markets is this happening on?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Gary

I only use BA for the UK win racing markets and its happened several times.

I always try and get on before the off and everything is fine when I do but for example in the Hexham 6.55 on Saturday, my LAY before the off was ok but when I BACKED in running it just didn't appear

Any wiser?
yursaduian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 12:43 pm

Does the bet appear in the bets manager in BA or are you saying the bet isn't placed at all?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 12:48 pm

Is it the same spreadsheet that places the bet before the off and places the bet after the off? I ask this because you may have incorrectly named one of the MyBets worksheets, it has to be named MyBets with an uppercase M and uppercase B.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 12:57 pm

Another thought. Was the bet matched?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 1:02 pm

Gary

Firstly there is no problem with the actual bet. That gets placed exactly as it should and yes all bets to date have been matched. It's just the logging of it in my"MyBets" worksheet that goes amiss.

I don't use my worksheet to trigger anything. I actually place my bets manually using the back/lay buttons and without verifying the bet. It goes straight in when I hit the button

As I said, the actual bet is placed no problem, it just doesn't appear in the worksheet if the bet is placed in running

Its no great shakes and the world will carry on turning if it doesn't work, it's just that I was curious as to why it didn't - and of course now that the facility is available, I have included it in my spreadsheet and it's really helpful to be able to see what I've done.
yursaduian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 1:12 pm

I've tried to replicate your problem and cannot, the bet appears every time. I'll keep trying and let you know if I find something.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 1:21 pm

Thanks Gary

I'll let you know when it happens again

Cheers!
yursaduian

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 2:37 pm

Just did it again Gary

2.30 Kempton

I layed FAV in running. The bet was matched no problem and even better - the fav lost so happy days! - but there is no sign of it in my "MyBets" sheet
yursaduian

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 4:53 pm

Its definitely an In Running thing.

I've had several bets today (2 back and 1 lay in one particuler race) and everything has shown up perfectly in "MyBets" but the 2 lays I placed in 2 seperate races "In Running" do not show up
yursaduian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 4:58 pm

It just doesn't make sense that in running will affect it. Is there anything about your spreadsheet that changes in running? Does it contain any macros? Do the prices continue to update in Excel in running?
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby yursaduian » Mon May 05, 2008 5:46 pm

Oh dear!

Sorry mate but you've just hit the nail on the head

I only want bf figures up to the off so I watch the telly and on the drop of the flag - I stop the program - which stops the feed - which means that nothing registers in my spreadsheet after the off - including my bets!!

Sorry Gary - I feel such a pr***k - but much happier now!

I may as well ask then - is there any way BA can be stopped when the market goes In Play or do I just have to continue doing it manually?

:oops:
yursaduian

Postby GaryRussell » Mon May 05, 2008 6:07 pm

I knew it didn't make sense, but I've been wrong many times before! There isn't currently a way to stop the updating at in play, but something that can be considered for the future.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion