Newbie has some questions

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Newbie has some questions

Postby Shaun » Fri May 09, 2008 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and am trialing the program so i have a couple of questions that may have already been answered, sorry for that.

1) If i say had 7 different bets to place in 7 different races how can i get excel just to load these markets and not all markets.
Shaun

Postby allgreen » Sat May 10, 2008 1:45 am

Open up 'Horse Racing - Todays Card' from the market tree then select a race you want to bet in then hit 'q' on your keyboard to add this race to the Quick pick list.

Once you have added all your races to the Quick pick list use Market > Auto Select Markets > then choose one ot the three options to automatically load the selected markets into Excel.
allgreen

Postby Shaun » Sat May 10, 2008 2:07 am

That was a simple answer.

If i need to load races to seperate sheets how would i do this?

Is the list of triggers in the help file the complete list?
Shaun

Postby allgreen » Sat May 10, 2008 2:39 am

Click on 'new page' in BA then set up a quick pick list for each new page and connect each page to individual worksheets in Excel.

Yes, I would think the list of triggers in help would be complete.
allgreen

Postby Shaun » Sun May 11, 2008 6:43 am

I must say i really love this program with triggering and am finding most answers in the search of this forum.

One thing i need and can't find as a way of importing all races from the quickpick list so i can compare it with a list of races i want to bet on.

I only want to trigger bets in these races.
Shaun

Postby phrenetic » Sun May 11, 2008 9:17 am

Shaun

Not absolutely certain what you are looking for, but if you want to get a complete list of today's races/runners into a spreadsheet, then send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a spreadsheet and some instructions.

Alistair
phrenetic

Postby Shaun » Mon May 12, 2008 1:48 am

A question about triggers,

If i put in a LAY and it is not matched do i have to send a CLEAR before i can send a CANCEL in?

If the bet is taken do i still need to clear before another bet can be made?
Shaun

Postby Shaun » Mon May 12, 2008 5:43 am

I found that answer out i need to cancel unmatched bets before i place another bet.

If i had a lay bet and decided based on some cell information to back that horse what is the best way to cancel unmatched bets then back bets that i have layed, i know the maths just need a formula to do this.

Shaun
Shaun

Postby Shaun » Tue May 13, 2008 8:02 pm

I am realy stuck on this one.

I need a macro that will be triggered by an event in prices, what it needs to do is then cancell any unmatched lay bets then place back bets on those horses that had a lay bet placed, a sort of stop loss type of bet.

Regards Shaun
Shaun

Postby Shaun » Wed May 14, 2008 7:45 am

Thanks to all that have helped me out on here and in e-mail, i have just finished my first fully automated excel sheet with a built in stop loss feature, now time to test it out and see where the mistakes are.
Shaun

Return to Discussion