Stop loss

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Stop loss

Postby Miki » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:31 pm

Yesterday i use 1 tick offset and 1 tick stop loss.But ,for example, if i back at 5 stop loss will trigger at 5.1 but it gets matched at 5.2.. :( :(
And it happens always and In this way i lose two ticks.

So using tick offset at 1 and stop loss at 1,if i "win" 5 times and if i lose 5 times i lose anyway 5 ticks...
Nothing to do to solve this this very negative feature?
Sorry for this and for my english..
Miki

Re: Stop loss

Postby Miki » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:32 pm

Miki wrote:I use 1 tick offset and 1 tick stop loss.But ,for example, if i back at 5 stop loss will trigger at 5.1 but it gets matched at 5.2.. :( :(
And it happens always and In this way i lose two ticks.

So using tick offset at 1 and stop loss at 1,if i "win" 5 times and if i lose 5 times i lose anyway 5 ticks...
Nothing to do to solve this this very negative feature?
Sorry for this and for my english..
Miki

Postby Miki » Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:33 pm

Sorry for double posting.
Miki

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:35 am

I'm sorry, but that's the way it was designed. It places the stop loss one tick higher to try and ensure a match. If you got matched at 5.2 that means if the stop loss bet was placed at 5.1 it would not be matched initially and if the market is moving quickly the opportunity to trade out would have been lost. I can make this extra tick optional, if you think it's a real problem, in the next release.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Miki » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:37 am

GaryRussell wrote:I'm sorry, but that's the way it was designed. It places the stop loss one tick higher to try and ensure a match. If you got matched at 5.2 that means if the stop loss bet was placed at 5.1 it would not be matched initially and if the market is moving quickly the opportunity to trade out would have been lost. I can make this extra tick optional, if you think it's a real problem, in the next release.

Hello.
I think your software is awesome but for a people like me (working with tickoffset 1 and stop loss 1) is very important if this feature (stop loss) will be optimized..if i want to win something! :lol:
A part of the joke the "strange" setting is that stop loss get placed two tiks higher ALSO when the market is moving slowly and with the opportunity to be traded at better conditions.
Sorry for this,i would be wery happy if you will work on it and if stop loss will be get matched only one tick higher when market offers opportunity.
Obvsiously two higher when this opportunity there isn't.

Ps. Also the red block indicating stop loss exit price doesn't always disappear.
Miki

Return to Discussion