Triggered Betting, What do you all use it for?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby jmorrell » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Ok ive just edited the sample and created my own back the winner using the exact rules thunderfoot suggest for better success. I'll upload for people to use also...

http://joe.binary-pulse.co.uk/triggerbet.xls - as promised.

joe :)
Last edited by jmorrell on Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmorrell

Postby tkp » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:19 pm

Hi Thunderfoot -

I use =Large() in excel to tell me the 2nd largest price out of all the runners...

so if the front runner is 1.03 and the next largest is 12 it stands to "reason" that the winner has been reached - and most of the time it has...........apart from the ones where it hasn't and it wipes out all profit........not good.....

The only real way to do this is to sit an watch the race and read it correctly to predict the winner - Override odds option in BA comes into it's own then.

Tennis on the other hand is much better...although I don't do this on fully automatic. I wait until what looks likely to be the last set and "switch it on" to wait until the end of a match.

tkp
tkp

Postby Mitch » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:22 am

tkp wrote:I use =Large() in excel to tell me the 2nd largest price out of all the runners...

I'm guessing that's just a typo, surely you want the 2nd smallest price?
Mitch

Postby tkp » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:47 am

:oops: yes - 2nd smallest or the next largest after the lowest :roll:

cheers mitch....

did you ever finish your ladder interface ?
tkp

Postby Mitch » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:54 am

No, I realised that I wasn't going to be able to get it to do what I wanted from it so it's shelved just before the getting bets placed stage.

I had a mad idea of trying to learn Java to do it instead but the reading material I have is slow going and I don't get much spare time to read it.
Mitch

Postby tkp » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:05 am

What were you trying to do ? Maybe I could help with the VBA ?

tkp
tkp

Postby Mitch » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:57 am

After seeing Adam Todds software I'd want it to keep an updated unmatched amount in another column next to the odds in the ladder, and also to be able to click and drag the amount to different odds to cancel and resubmit another bet.

To be honest, I didn't think about if it could be done for too long because the sheet was flickering so much as it was that any more running time would give me a headache trying to watch it! :lol:

Just about to send you a pm.
Mitch

Postby thunderfoot » Sat Mar 25, 2006 12:02 pm

tkp wrote:Hi Thunderfoot -

I use =Large() in excel to tell me the 2nd largest price out of all the runners...

so if the front runner is 1.03 and the next largest is 12 it stands to "reason" that the winner has been reached - and most of the time it has...........apart from the ones where it hasn't and it wipes out all profit........not good.....

Think you've mis-understood ....
Horse 'A' - Odds drop to 1.03
Horse 'B' - Available BACK odds are 12.00 ... 1.50 ... 1.25 ---- this is a warning sign, as the odds are NOT in a tight group,

however if
Horse 'B' - Available BACK odds are 12.00 ... 11.00 ... 9.00 ----- then a much better bet.
thunderfoot

Postby speedypro » Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:47 pm

I think strategies to profit on the last stages of a race are very volatile and unreliable at the moment.

There appear to be automated responses firing in on both sides. Some people will trigger at say price below 1.15 and offer to back @1.01 (hoping to catch meatier 1.15's), flip side people Laying @1.3's to hoping to catch everything lumped in below.

I prefer to take a position at the start of the race, with lock or limit decisions already in mind. I submit these at the start of the race and live with the consequences. My connection speed or spreadsheet is not up to doing battle on the fly in real time. It's too volatile.

It's all a bit of a gamble really :D
be lucky
speedypro

Postby tkp » Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:38 pm

TF....got you now. Thanks.
tkp

Previous

Return to Discussion