Indicators

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Indicators

Postby robcpettit » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:53 am

Hi, Iwas wondering what types of indicators are being used with regards to trading. Like WOM. I think BA is fantastic and has an endless list of possibilitys. If youve read any of my other posts youll see Ive been playing with excel and graphing. And thanks to others have progressed alot. Anyway re the indicators. What I started doing was creating graphs in excel for each runner, and this worked well, but had glitches as 2 workbooks open. So I got to thinking why am I graphing. One was if a 20m/a of back odds crossed 50m/a then Id lay. (not on this alone though!). Then I thought all I want is to be told when thats happened, I dont need to see a graph. So now I load Current prices to A10, the above, b2:b6 I have first four runners(will add more later, lot of code), then for each runner
I have a heading c1,d1,e1 etc along the lines of m/a, wom, >3, etc. When an idicator target is reached, the relevent cell for horse and indicator turns red to lay, blue to back, or white for wait. Hope this makes sense. The indicators I use are:
20 and 50 moving average of back odds. If the total back or lay money is > 80%.(wom). If the total lay is > total back * 3(% vice versa). if the total back money/3 is graeter than total lay/3(vica versa). if they total lay * 3 > total back * 3(vica versa). And finnaly (if your still reading) one Ive played with for the hell of it, is a combination of all the money boxes, long winded.(back1>lay1,b1+b2>l1+l2,allbacks>alllays,b3>l3), basically all combinations of the back or lay boxes.
Then I have one box chage colour when all indicators are reached, a rare event, but every time theres a movement. Ive played with these for a couple of weeks now and the money indicators are pretty good. The combinationf of all the boxes seems particully good. Any way Ive rad somewere about calculating the mean value of the volume, anybody familiar. Also looked at betangel pro, but couldnt see what they are graphing, apart from WOM. Hope you dont mind my ramblings, You can always pm me if want to see my spread sheet. Remeber Im a beginner so the codes not pretty.
Regards Robert
robcpettit

Postby Mitch » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:00 am

I know it's early and I might still be half asleep, but aren't lots of those indicators the same as each other?
Mitch

Postby robcpettit » Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:51 pm

Mitch, Yes and no. Logic says the money ones are the same. But they fire independant of each other at times. I admit there overkill, but just playing with ideas at the momment.
Regards Robert
robcpettit

Postby tkp » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:01 pm

Robc...if all those indicators actually work you have the makings of an automated trading machine !

Let me know the success rate - as I have some code that already uses a couple of money indicators to make back/lay trades and stop loss on it's own........although it is very rough and ready and I wouldn't trust it to work on it's own (I left it by mistake once and it produced a nice automatic loss for me!....-ve trade after -ve trade!).

tkp
tkp

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:32 pm

I have a similar thing but again I couldn't leave it on its own. I use the same sort of indicators. The success rate since I started keeping records is..... 573 trades which went the right way and 95 which i had to get out at a loss.
Mitch

Postby tkp » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:13 am

pretty successful then......I gave up on mine in it's infancy........not sure why now...probably something to do with someone mentioning a ladder trader in excel ------- easily sidetracked....

:wink:
tkp

Postby robcpettit » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:52 pm

Hi, Mine are still in there infancy, so I definatly wont be leaving them on ther own. Once I get the bugs Ironed out Ill start recording the trades in earnest.
Regards Robert
robcpettit

Postby funky » Thu Mar 30, 2006 5:32 am

hi
can someone tell me what "ladder trading" is and how it differs from normal trading, which I understand to be: laying at one price, and backing at a higher, or, backing at one price and then laying at a lower price

cheers
funky

Postby allgreen » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:19 am

Funky it involves a rework of the normal betting interface into a vertical or ladder format, which is considered more 'intuitive' for trading purposes. Just search 'ladder' on this site for more discussion and view Thunderfoot's application here :

http://www.thunderfoot.f2s.com/ladder_trading/

allgreen
allgreen

trading idea

Postby funky » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:55 am

just an idea....

if you're trading, wouldn't it be an idea to only look for horses who's odds are likely to go up?

that way - you lay the horse, the hopefully back it at a higher price.

If the price moves the other way, you just back it at the highest available odds with the same stake you layed at. That way, if the horse wins, OK, you lose some money, but remembering that favourites lose 70% of the time, chances are you'll break even on your trade

Or am I missing something? :D
funky

Postby SteelWeaver » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:25 pm

I've come accross this:

http://www.metaquotes.net/techanalysis/ ... _movement/

They basically explain a ton of different indicators.
SteelWeaver

Return to Discussion