5 second Betfair Refresh

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

5 second Betfair Refresh

Postby thunderfoot » Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:38 pm

Could someone please clarify how the 5 second delay on In-Play events operate.

For instance, in last nights Roddick v Ferrer Tennis match, the BACK odds on Roddick at 22:55:25 was 2.20 but 5 seconds later the BACK odds were 1.90. Therefore if I had placed a bet at Odds of 1.01 (to ensure I was matched) at 22:55:25 would my bet have been accepted at 2.20 but placed 5 seconds later on Betfair or would my bet have been matched 5 seconds later on Betfair and matched at the 1.90 Odds?
thunderfoot

Postby Dai_Young » Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:27 pm

The latter Thunderfoot. The in-built IR 5 second delay is the time between you placing the bet and the bet hitting the market.
Dai_Young

Postby GeorgeUK » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:27 am

Agree - unfortunately a necessary evil

Nothing worse than setting up a bet, looking at the tv to make sure your horse still has a good position, and pressing submit just before you see it land on its face going over a hurdle. Then you need to watch the clock countdown, mocking you.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby thunderfoot » Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:16 pm

It's as I thought .... so why do some like trading In-Play. It's like trying to hit a moving target blindfolded!!! :?
thunderfoot

Return to Discussion