bLaDdeR - Bet Ladder Excel Program

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

bLaDdeR - Bet Ladder Excel Program

Postby a1ehouse » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:33 am

Originally posted this in the EXCEL Ladder Trading thread, but because of the interest I have decided to create a new one. Primarily so the "testing team" can post feedback and suggestions, but also for others to chip in with ideas and features.

Functions already implemented:
Selection chooser
Default stake buttons
Ladder auto centring
Double/single click on ANY price to place bet
Reverse Odds
Highlighted Available Prices
Full available Odds to scroll through
WOM indicator
Clear Bets

Still to develop:
Bet tracking (currently in development)
Net Button
Hedge Button
Cancel Bets

Still having some teething problems with keeping the bet history as well as cancelling and clearing bets, but at the moment it is working ok with some very basic testing. I can get some triggers in for now. Had the Net and Hedge buttons working to a certain extent, but I need to verify what happens when bets are placed, when they can be recorded and when they show as matched/unmatched.

a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:27 pm

The software is great! If the new features are implemented and everything works fine it will be a nice add-in to BA.
Dedes

Postby Castillo » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:38 pm

Looking good a1ehouse, keep up the good work :D
Castillo

Postby jmorrell » Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:38 am

tested it today, working well :) going to test it some more tomorrow.

I think arrow indicators would be a nice touch...

had to find out how to disable touchpad mouse clicking on my laptop though. could be dangerous. :D

home for easter and couldn't fit my pc in my rucksack.

I like it, what will be ace is when BA turns API. Because if it still has the same Excel feature which we can all hope it will. The ladder will become very useful for the traders and should work straight off. great.

joe
jmorrell

Postby jon » Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:43 pm

Looks Great ............ keep up the good work

jon :)
jon

Postby a1ehouse » Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:24 pm

Update - Bet Tracking Completed - but needs testing!!

When you click the price in the ladder it sends the trigger, stake and odds to the worksheet and waits until the bet has been placed and received a Bet Ref. Once a bet ref is obtained or an error occurs, then it will be added to the Bets List. Now if you want to cancel a particular bet you should double click on the particular bet in the bet list. This sends a trigger (CANCEL and the Bet Reference) to the sheet again and that bet is cancelled and removed from the List. Note the list clears anyway should you close the form down and restart it.

Now I need some testing done on this function. I have done minor work on the Net and Hedge buttons, but you regular betfair users may spot things that should be going on and I'll need you to feed this back to me. At the moment the net button is just the Profit/Loss on the particular Selection you are on. The Hedge button is is the same except it divides the current profit/loss by the available Lay Odds and displays this figure. These buttons are what I'll be sorting next, so feedback is essential!!

Thanks again for you interest.

a1ehouse

Postby thunderfoot » Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:12 pm

As I said on the other thread ............. I like the look of this ............... a lot :wink:

It looks 'clean & crisp'.
thunderfoot

Postby a1ehouse » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:04 pm

Thanks thunderfoot - yours was the inspiration :wink: I haven't had time to develop much further, I've had some feedback, but nothing about how the placing of bets and if the net/hedge was working. It's all gone quiet!!?? I have made some dosh using small bets and it does make seeing the direction of bets easier. I prefer to view BA under the bLaDdeR though incase some dodgy bets fire through. I can release it once I know Hedge and Net work...
a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:32 am

a1ehouse,

Didn't you receive my last e-mail? I sent you feedback about the Hedge/Net button. Please tell me if you had received it and if you haven't I'll sent it again.

I'm very interested in your work and I tottaly available to help you.
Dedes

Postby Chiki » Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:45 pm

Hi,

I think this is awesome.

Just one comment if I may.. I notice that Bet-Trade Trader Ladder and BetTraderPro have the middle column descending from high amounts to low amounts. This seems to be the standard trader format.

As folks may be interested in this as a backup product to other trading software, perhaps it may be a good idea to do the same so there is uniformity and consequently easy transition between products.

Chiki
Chiki

Postby a1ehouse » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:13 pm

dedes - I did get your email, still waiting on other responses though. I have a few ideas on the Net button (could try calculating from the Bet Tracker and the current profit) but still need some pointers if it will work.

e.g. bLaDdeR: Tracked 2 bets:
Back £20@2.0
Lay £20@1.9

Potential Profit - would be calculated in the software
Back £20*2 = £40
Lay £20*1.9 = £38
Total = £40-£38 = £2

However if only part of the £20 Back bet was matched, say £18 then the total Profit/Loss in Column U would show as 0?

The Net Button would then be 0-2 = -2

This is where I'm stuck!! Not 100% sure if this can be done easily as the full bet tracking is not performed anywhere in Excel.

Chiki - good point - I've added a checkbox to "Flip" if you want to set the Low to High (default) or High to Low. I have also looked at the Betfair Free API, and may be pursuaded to transfer to a pure VB app... :twisted:
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:56 pm

a1ehouse wrote:dedes - I did get your email, still waiting on other responses though. I have a few ideas on the Net button (could try calculating from the Bet Tracker and the current profit) but still need some pointers if it will work.

Back £20@2.0
Lay £20@1.9

Back £20*2 = £40
Lay £20*1.9 = £38
Total = £40-£38 = £2

However if only part of the £20 Back bet was matched, say £18 then the total Profit/Loss in Column U would show as 0?

The Net Button would then be 0-2 = -2

This is where I'm stuck!! Not 100% sure if this can be done easily as the full bet tracking is not performed anywhere in Excel.

:

OK, Let me think. Yes you're right the column U would should 0 but the diference between your stake (column p) and matched stake (column T) would be 2. This is what we need to know, right? Did this help?

Dedes
Dedes

Postby a1ehouse » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:07 pm

Dedes wrote:OK, Let me think. Yes you're right the column U would should 0 but the diference between your stake (column p) and matched stake (column T) would be 2. This is what we need to know, right? Did this help?

Dedes

With the bLaDdeR as soon as a betref is obtained columns N to R are cleared, which means having to use another method to calculate the Net - not so easy!! and why I am thinking it can't be done, unless calculated from the Bet Tracking list (potential profit/loss) and current actual profit/loss.
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
a1ehouse

Postby Mitch » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:04 pm

If you're going to placed a bet in the opposite direction to the original to green up, wouldn't you want to cancel any outstanding part of the original bet first?
Mitch

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:15 pm

Alehouse, I'm not too sure what your net and hedge buttons are trying to do but the sheets I use to even up across the board always check the minimum and maximum figures from the profit and loss column to get my market payout.

If you're trading on one selection the max and minimum prof/loss can be used to get your market payout - the odds available will then give you the current stake to close at for profit or loss.

In your example

Back £20@2.0
Lay £20@1.9

Back £20*2 = £40
Lay £20*1.9 = £38
Total = £40-£38 = £2

If 18 was matched @ 2.00 max would be 18.00 and min -18

therefore your stake is max - min (36) divided by the odds 1.9 = 18.95 giving a 95p profit across the board
Captain Sensible

Next

Return to Discussion