bLaDdeR - Bet Ladder Excel Program

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Postby Dedes » Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:34 pm

So, there's no way of copying the stake information to future use? What I mean is, when a bet is made a MACRO would copy the bet information from column N to R (and maybe column p too) to other place?

The Net system is not only mathematical. It needs some instructions to the trader too. The Net buttom can be very usefull if used as it should.
But lets start things over again. When a Lay Bet is made for instance of £10 and matched the net value should show £10 for the back bet. While this £10 from the Back bet are being matched, say £4, the net value should show £6. The only thing important to us is the amount matched. The odds are not important. On BA we have that information but I don't think its sent to Excel. Any help here from Gary would be a plus!!!

Lets continue, on this example we would get the number we want from the column profit/loss from any other selection/team/horse: With the Lay bet the profit/loss would show £10 in any other selection. When the first £4 from the £10 back bet are matched we can obtain the £6 from the same place, ie, from the profit/loss column of the other selections.
So, with a Lay bet first the Net buttom should show the number on profit/loss column from the other selections.

This is the important part: The trader has to pay atention because he should only use the Net value if the the first bet has not been fully matched. If only £8 from the £10 of the Lay bet are matched he should click on the Net buttom to submit a Back bet of £8. This way we'll always have a positive number. Then, if the last £2 are finnaly matched the Net value should be incremented by £2. The Net value should always be reporting the profit/loss column of the other selections. If the Net button is not used like this it can't be used at all.. The Net buttom is a tool not a solution. This is why its very important to have a easy way to see if the bets have been fully or not matched.

With a Back bet first the number important to us is the <0 number on the other selections. So, if we back team A for £10, the Net value is also 10. We can read this number again from the profit/loss column of the other teams/selections. We just need to make it positive but this is easy, it just needs a simple formula.

One more thing, after the trader uses the Hedge Key he can't return to the Net value. The hedge button is to be use just once to close the job.
Dedes

is software download available

Postby robin09 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:21 pm

hi alehouse,

is your ladder software available or being made available to forum members ie is there a download link
thanks
robin
robin09

Postby a1ehouse » Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:12 pm

Sure robin09. As I've already said, there are a few people who are "testing" the software, but as I've had only a few responses back, I am hanging fire releasing cos I'm still looking at the Net button. I have fixed up the Hedge button now and added a couple more features (% WOM, indicator arrow of likely movement and Flip switch to have odds low to high or high to low) If I don't hear from anyone in the next week, I'll disable the Net button and release it as is. Then maybe more feedback will be obtained.

Watch this space!!
...it maekesh me do a shecks wee...
a1ehouse

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:56 pm

Chiki wrote:Hi,

I think this is awesome.

Just one comment if I may.. I notice that Bet-Trade Trader Ladder and BetTraderPro have the middle column descending from high amounts to low amounts. This seems to be the standard trader format.

As folks may be interested in this as a backup product to other trading software, perhaps it may be a good idea to do the same so there is uniformity and consequently easy transition between products.

Chiki

alehouse have you considered switching the middle column as chiki suggested ? Most people are used to the descending high low format
Captain Sensible

Postby a1ehouse » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:12 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:alehouse have you considered switching the middle column as chiki suggested ? Most people are used to the descending high low format

See above 8)

a1ehouse wrote:Flip switch to have odds low to high or high to low

a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:32 pm

a1ehouse,

What's the problem with the Net button? If I couldn't help with it let me make a sugestion: Instead of having a Net button the next best thing is to gave a balanced back/lay bet with tick seting. Its the same thing BA does when the trading box is checked. But on BA we get the P/L of that balanced bet. What he want here is the stake amount. We get this on BA if we also have the verify box checked.

Example: We make a back bet 5€ @ 1.55
we can make a Lay bet of 5€ at lower odds and get a "free bet" or make a 5.10€ @ 1.50 to have the same result over all selections.

I don't know if this function can just give us the amount for the matched part or for the total stake. Maybe this could be a way to solve the Net button problem.

But please people using BA, help a1ehouse. He's making a great job here.
Dedes

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:14 am

:oops: maybe I should read the whole thread first .......

I'm more than willing to help withthe testing alehouse, I'm OK with the maths formulas etc but sadly I'll be no use with VB
Captain Sensible

Postby a1ehouse » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:29 pm

Dedes - it's me being thick more than anything :twisted: . As I am testing, most of my stakes are small, so can't fully get my head around netting up - matched stakes and average matched odds :shock: I know it must be relatively simple, but as BA only dumps only limited info to Excel, there not much I can use to build the button. I know there's some issues with the Profit label when changing races as well as the bet tracker not refreshing.

Captain - np we all do it! :? I will email out the latest version if you want to pm your email addy.

More people using it will find more bugs and features, so I will probably release it on Friday night for the weekends betting activity!!

!!!!USE IT WITH CAUTION!!!! I won't be held responsible for losses (but you can give me some of your winnings :wink: ) if you use it!!
a1ehouse

Postby bolpx001 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi a1ehouse
I don't mean to poke my nose in but is the information you need not contained in columns
S (Ave Matched odds), T (matched Stake) and U (Profit and loss)
Your program looks great. I don't do the trading thing myself as I tend to concentrate on finding anomalies in betting but I do recognise class when I see it
Paul
bolpx001

Postby Dedes » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:29 pm

a1ehouse,

Ok! continue your great work and whenever you need something please tell me (tell us). You have my e-mail adress. I think that a good idea is to release the software (and everybody is responsible for its own doing, not you). Then, a topic should be opened to post "bugs", "ideas"...
Also a little guide or readme file could be done to explain the main fixtures.

For once I would like to know Gary's opinion about it and maybe he could help a bit too.

what you all think?

Dedes
Dedes

Postby a1ehouse » Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:52 pm

bolpx001 - you are prolly right, but it needs to be explained to me step by step about a googol times before it sinks in! If all the info is there in Excel, then I can more than likely build the button.

Dedes - thanks for the wise words, you have been really helpful. One step at a time, and it will be quiet a good trading tool!

Is anyone willing to host it for me and I will release it as soon as I can? :roll:
a1ehouse

Postby bolpx001 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:29 pm

Tell me in very simple English what it is you require of the net button and I will see what I can do. I take it that you are coding in VBA. If you are not using VBA then I can’t help as I don’t know other languages well enough. Can you send me a sample SS also it may take a week or so as my computer is engaged during racing and life intervenes :(
bolpx001

Postby a1ehouse » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:29 am

Thanks for the offer bolpx001, I may take you up on that if you're good with VBA. I am sort of getting there with net. I have sent the program to Captain Sensible who has done some testing and given some useful feedback already. I will make some tweaks tonight and he will host the bLadDeR on his site at the weekend, so keep watching this thread for it's release! You will then be able to see what's going on and how it works to provide more feedback.
a1ehouse

Postby Dedes » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:25 pm

FANTASTIC!!! I'm really looking forward!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Dedes

Previous

Return to Discussion