excel help required

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

excel help required

Postby Roc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:33 pm

Forgive my ignorance but I am fairly inexperienced re excel. Can any one please help with a trigger reference.
How do you link a trigger bet from an individual selections logged prices given that this info is updated at regular intervals in new rows in individual logging sheet? I am ok with referencing from 1 sheet to another but not sure how to link to this updating info. Hope this is clear enough, thanks in advance.
Roc

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:28 pm

I've just used the very basics of gruss' application, so may be totally on the wrong track with this.

You have individual prices being logged to say sheet2, and you want to select data from sheet2 to use in sheet1 where you trigger your bets?

if column B (sheet2) had the data you wanted and you were looking for the average, you could but a formula in another cell that would give the average of the whole column. If however you only wanted the last 4/5 latest entries you may be able to do that in a formula - definately in VB code.

Let me know how wrong i am and what you may be looking for.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Roc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 4:15 pm

Thanks for reply George. You're on the right lines but here's what I need. Trigger will be based on say last x lines of individual price logging but I want this trigger to be continous (reads the next x lines whether a bet was triggered or not).
Alternatively a trigger created in individual logging sheet (changing as per updating) auto triggers bet via normal trigger sheet.
Roc

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:19 pm

Hopefully this will help.

=OFFSET(H3,COUNTA(H:H)-1,0) This formula will return the last value in column H. Each time the sheet is updated, this cell will change to the latest data. I have it starting at H3 as this formula will not allow for blank cells.

=(OFFSET(H3,COUNTA(H:H)-1,0)+OFFSET(H3,COUNTA(H:H)-2,0)+OFFSET(H3,COUNTA(H:H)-3,0))/3

This formula gives the average of the last 3 entries. -1 indicates the last cell, -3 indicates the 3rd last. Just alter to meet you requirements.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Roc » Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:03 pm

Thanks George. V helpful, is there anything that would work with text or blanks as opposed to numerical?
I'm looking to do something similar to nhmasters crossoversignal sheet, if u have time to check this out in excel examples. I'll also reply in that section and maybe nhmaster could help.
Roc

Getting started in Excel

Postby Anton » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:07 pm

Can anyone help a newbie with how to get started doing simple triggered betting from Excel?
Anton

Postby Dai_Young » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:38 pm

Anton

Not sure what stage you are at but once you get a market loaded into excel try some simple stuff to get the hang of it.

In the top trigger cell (N5) try something like:

=IF(F5<1.8,"LAY","")

This instructs excel to lay the selection if the 'back' price is less than 4/5.

In the stake column start off with something low (for testing purposes). Gary has implemented lower than £2 stake betting so you can make it as low as you like, 0.01 even!

In the odds column use =F5. This will then lay the selection at the current 'to back' price -- likely your bet will join the queue at that price.

If you copy the trigger, stake and odds columns down, excel will follow out those instructions for all selections.

From simple triggers like this you can start to develop more complex instructions by altering the IF formula, stake column, odds column etc.
Dai_Young

Postby Dai_Young » Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:55 pm

Takes a bit of wading through but there is some excellent excel advice (later) on this thread:

http://gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13
Dai_Young

Postby Anton » Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:54 pm

Many thanks Dai, exactly what I need to get me going.
Anton

Postby mrclox » Sat Nov 26, 2005 9:02 am

if you dont log in to betfair then it still triggers the bet but comes up error on the bet no. column. so you can test stuff without losing/gaining a penny
mrclox

Return to Discussion