Excel Triggered Betting - Macro/VBA Help Offered

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel Triggered Betting - Macro/VBA Help Offered

Postby tkp » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:56 pm

All,

I will gladly help - time willing - with code for your Excel strategies for triggered betting.

Let me know the details and I'll see if I can come up with the code base for you to work around.

Phil.
tkp

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 pm

yes hi, i m after some sort of routine that would list all the horses that i have layed in the day so that after the program goes to the next race i can check the list against results in order to adjust my stake

thnks

Postby mrclox » Sat Nov 19, 2005 4:43 pm

sorry that sounded abrupt ... it would be great if you could find the time cheers in advance
mrclox

Request 1

Postby tkp » Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:36 pm

Mrclox - how are you currently triggering the lays ?

Could you clarify a little as to exactly what you want ?

Have you an example sheet you could forward ?

Phil.
tkp

Postby mrclox » Sun Nov 20, 2005 7:51 pm

hi, well i am laying horses on the uk market , when certain criteria regarding odds etc. are met this triggers the LAY command in cell n5 or n6 or n7 etc. depending on the horse and the lay bet is placed, the stake i have put on the horse is confirmed in the adjacent cell in column T. now if this bet loses me money i want to be able to increase my stake by a percentage. but when the program goes automatically to the next race and the spreadsheet is ready to place the next lay bet of course the cells in column t containing the stake on the last race are overwritten and the date lost. Now IF as each bet is triggered the horse name in column A and the race time and track from elsewehere in the spreadsheet AND the stake from column T could be retained somehow somewhere on the spreadsheet i could import the racing results into the spreadsheet and compare with my list of bets so that my stake could be increased if neccessary. I hope this makes sense! thanks
mrclox

Postby Dickbee » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:35 am

Hi Phil

Not sure if this is possible? But here goes.

I am looking to automate some of my 1 Tick Trading stratagies.
The computer will hopefully do what it is told unlike me. :(

I can create each of them with IF THEN ELSE type statements defined by the user (the criteria), but I cannot link them all together as the Backs & Lays are placed & accepted etc.

I envision a sheet with 4 sections each of which contains a set of Excel IF THEN ELSE statements working on the available data. The first Block will look for a set of criteria to be met & then a bet placed. When the bet is placed it then moves on to the second block. When the bet is Accepted it moves on again & we are now looking to place the offsetting bet to get us out.

Hope this makes some sense. I have put together a fuller decription in the picture below. Do you think something like this is possible? The Macro would need to monitor the cells in O to U and move on or back accordingly.

Many Thanks
Dickbee

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:18 am

It should be fairly simple to do, but we don't know where you are taking the data from and what the criteria is. If you want to try to break it down so you don't give away your secrets we can try it piece by piece.

Or you may want to take a look at www.mrexcel.com - their forum message board has tonnes of data and the search facility should bring up anything you need.

Good luck.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby Dickbee » Wed Nov 23, 2005 8:56 am

All of the Data / criteria comes from within the spreadsheet. I am only using the Back & Lay volume data in the usual way.

I just need a way of progressing from the stage of monitoring / placing the IN bet to then monitoring & placing the offsetting OUT bet.
Dickbee

Postby GeorgeUK » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:37 pm

I think i know what you mean, but sorry this is so messy. Some pseudo code to walk through it.

Wait for Criteria + place bet

On sheet2 the bet data is pulled through after a bet is made on sheet1
(Assuming sheet1 has the apps updating data)

After 2 secs, all bets are cancelled.
If a bet has been made, the data is held on sheet 2 in the same row no.

If bet not made goto 1
Else
Goto 3

Perform calculation based on sheet2 data
(For profit/Even/Loss)

make bet on sheet1 and remove data from sheet2
Odds monitored
wait until accepted or bet gone wrong
If bet gone wrong, populate data into sheet 2 + Goto 3
else
Goto 1
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby mtaalamu » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:35 pm

Hi
I apologise if this is off-topic, but perhaps you can help me with an answer to an excel question?

I would like to create graphs of the betfair prices similar to stock "candlestick" charts that update in real time.

Right now, I have only figured out how to make one of the default charts that do not update.

Is this possible to do?

Thanks
Taalamu :D
mtaalamu

Dickbee - auto back and aly

Postby tkp » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:36 pm

hi all,

Been busy with my own trading last few days - only just got back here tonight.

Dickbee - I have been working on a similar prog for myself.

Right now mine looks for a criteria to be matched, backs it - then lays to take a profit - but if the lay isn't matched an a stop loss target is met then the lay is cancelled and the stop loss is layed.......the code works fine...but the criteria don't always make a profit it at the moment.

I'll work on yours for you.......give me a few days and I'll have a proto for you to try....

mrclox - Not really read all the replies here- has anyone else answered you or do you still need me to help?

Cheers,

Phil.
tkp

Postby Dickbee » Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:53 pm

Thanks Phil. If anything does not make sense, send me a PM. Look forward to giving it a try.
Dickbee

Postby saktigb » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:29 pm

tkp

Is there anywhere that I can look on net for examples and very simplistic expanations of triggered betting etc in Excel?

Thanks
saktigb

examples

Postby tkp » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:21 pm

Gary - the maestro of of Betfair Trader - has already posted with some examples here:

http://domain921509.sites.fasthosts.com ... um.php?f=8

I have a couple of trading methods set up as a spreadsheet (and automated versions) which you are welcome to have a look at - but have a look at Garys 1st - if you understand them then you may have a chance with mine.
(not that mine are more complicated - just that they are all on one sheet).

Cheers,

tkp
tkp

Postby saktigb » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Have looked at Garys and am none the wiser.
Is there somewhere that would show it more simplistic with some explanations?
Possibly something I can download and read at my leisure.

Thanks
saktigb

Next

Return to Discussion