API version

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

API version

Postby GeorgeUK » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:16 pm

Will the excel "stuff" still be available in the API version?

I realise that the API will stream the data as soon as it reaches the betfair server, but will we still be able to use excel with the app? Not sure the app can stream the data to excel, so how will it work?
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby GaryRussell » Sun Nov 27, 2005 2:23 pm

It will work exactly the same as it does now. The program receives the prices from Betfair and then populates Excel. The API has no bearing on this.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby thunderfoot » Wed Nov 30, 2005 11:00 am

From 'other' API applications I've noted that you have to sign-in using your Betfair details first. Now, to me that makes the application you are using a 'live-link' to Betfair. Will this be the case with the new API version? :?:

The reason I ask, is because with the current non API version you can have a link from BA to EXCEL without a 'live-link' to Betfair which is very useful when you want to test some EXCEL triggered technics/formulas, as no actual bet is made on Betfair. All right, I know EXCEL will show ERROR but I've been testing EXCEL triggered technics/formula and storing the results using macros for later analysis. In other words I've been paper-trading and once I'm happy with the overall results then I'll be brave :wink: and use some hard-earned-dosh!! :lol:
thunderfoot

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 30, 2005 12:02 pm

Rather than having the error come up while you're not logged in, why not disable triggered betting and use a macro to simulate it?

I've tried with varying degrees of success but then I'm not brilliant at vba.
Mitch

Postby thunderfoot » Wed Nov 30, 2005 4:20 pm

Mitch wrote:..... but then I'm not brilliant at vba.

Ditto ..... I'm more comfortable with formulae for triggers and VBA to collect and store the data.
thunderfoot

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:05 pm

You could always tie up your balance elsewhere whilst testing - stick it at ridiculous odds on some long term market or transfer to betfair games whilst testing
Captain Sensible

Postby Mitch » Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:56 pm

thunderfoot wrote:
Mitch wrote:..... but then I'm not brilliant at vba.

Ditto ..... I'm more comfortable with formulae for triggers and VBA to collect and store the data.

You can still use your formulae for the triggers. What I tried to do was to put "Pending" in the reference on the next refresh, then a made up reference (I used the timer) on the next refresh, and check to see if the odds you want are available, and for the amount you want. If they are then copy the details and paste them to a seperate sheet as a record of the bet. Then you just need to clear the details from the original sheet.

I think :?

If you want to give it a go give me a shout if you need any help.
Mitch

Return to Discussion