Windows 8 Install Problem

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Windows 8 Install Problem

Postby jrarmstrong » Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:09 am

Hi,

Just bought a new PC with Windows 8. Each time I try to install BA I get a message asking me to install the Net Framework but, having checked, Net Framework is up to date.

Does anyone know what the issue is? Does BA not work with Windows 8?

Thanks,

James
jrarmstrong

Re: Windows 8 Install Problem

Postby MarkRussell » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:06 am

Hi,

Betting Assistant uses .Net Framework 2.0.

Windows 8 has .NET Framework 2.0 pre-installed, however, it may not enabled by default.
To enable .NET Framework 2.0, go to Windows Control Panel - Programs - Turn Windows features on or off and mark the .NET Framework 3.5 checkbox. Note that .NET Framework 3.5 includes .NET Framework 2.0.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby jrarmstrong » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:05 am

Thanks Mark
jrarmstrong

Postby doncht » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 pm

Hi. Where can view the complete system requirement please and any plans of supporting Windows 10 already?
doncht

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:30 am

doncht wrote:Hi. Where can view the complete system requirement please and any plans of supporting Windows 10 already?

Hi,

Please see http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/UserGuide/system_requirements.htm

I don't envisage any problems in Windows 10

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby digitalworkshed » Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:06 pm

Been having the same problem for a week now! Good thing I stumbled upon this forum! Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it! :D :D :D :D :D
digitalworkshed

Postby clayrisk » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:40 pm

Hi I am having problems trying to install .net framework 3.5

I am running Windows 8.1 pro 64bit, I tried to update to Windows 10 but had to go back to Windows 8.1 due to my motherboard not being compatible and no drivers available. I am not sure if that has anything to do with my problem

I try to run Gruss and then a box appears saying that I need to install .net framework 3.5, I click install it says dowmload then installing than I get a box saying "Windows couldn't complete the requested changes, The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot PC - Error code 0x800F0922

I have gone into turn windows features on and off and checked the .net framework 3.5 box but either way I am trrying to fix this it keeps on coming back to the above

And I don't have the KB2966826/828 updates installed like suggestions on other forums have mentioned

Please help as I am not very techy

Thanks
Clayton
clayrisk

Postby xraymitch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:04 am

Hi,

I am not a user of Windows but searching on the error code I came across this.

A Fix For Error Code 0x800F0922

1. Open the .NET Framework installation files folder > Sources folder > SXS folder

2. Right-click the SXS folder > click Properties

3. Go to the Security tab and make sure that there is a check mark next to Read & Execute. If it isn’t there then click the Edit button and turn it on from there.

4. Press Windows Key+X > Click Command Prompt (Admin)

5. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter
dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:c:\sxs /limitaccess

6. In the Command Prompt window, type the following command and press Enter
dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
xraymitch

Postby xraymitch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:07 am

Sorry, the above should read.

I am not a user of Windows 8
xraymitch

Postby clayrisk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:13 am

Hi xraymitch thanks for your reply

I mentioned I am not very tech savvy and ask where and how do I open the .net framework installation exe files?
clayrisk

Postby clayrisk » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:23 am

I am not sure if I am doing it completely right but have following after typing dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:netfx3 /all /source:c:\sxs /limitaccess

error: 0x800f0922

dism failed. No operation was performed
clayrisk

Postby xraymitch » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:39 pm

Hi,

If it was me I would take a chance and uninstall all versions of Microsoft .Net Framework starting with the most recent version first, and then install the latest version. Understand there are risks involved and Microsoft does not advise doing this.

Sorry, but with my limited knowledge / understanding I can't suggest anything else.
xraymitch

Return to Discussion