Cannot accept bet error

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Cannot accept bet error

Postby horpunt » Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:10 am

Lately i have been receiving a "cannot accept bet" error in the bet ref column Ba goes to place a lay bet then goes into pending then the error shows up ,

I am using excel to place the bets and have been using this sheet for a long time it has just started to happen in the last 3 or 4 days.

Yesterday i had 10 selections to bet on and it only placed 3 the rest came in with the error then today another 8 bets and none were placed because of this error.

All bets have been lay and in the aust horse racing markets, most are under the bet minimum but this generally doesn't matter , if someone could hep that would be great.

Cheers
Happy Punting

Horpunt 8)
horpunt

Re: Cannot accept bet error

Postby rourkem » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:11 pm

Hi Horpunt, were you able to find a way to get around this issue by any chance yet?
Windows 8 | Framework 2.0 Image
rourkem

Postby horpunt » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi Rourkem,

No i didn't find and answer and was a little disappointed that gruss never replied , i had my suspicion that it had something to do with having a separate excel book open at the same time i was running BA in an excel book .

It now has stopped happening since i stopped using another excel book while running BA in an excel book.

Thanks for your reply.
Happy Punting

Horpunt 8)
horpunt

Postby Castillo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:26 pm

horpunt wrote:Lately i have been receiving a "cannot accept bet" error in the bet ref column Ba goes to place a lay bet then goes into pending then the error shows up

Hi Horpunt

I've been having exactly the same problems with the AUS markets only, the "Cannot Accept Bet" error followed by an "API Error"
See also viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9013
Seems to be OK today, but as you have said it's very random.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby horpunt » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:57 pm

Hi Castillo,

Thanks for your reply , i am sort of glad now that i have a couple of people that have had the same problem i thought it was on my side , yesterday it BA placed 1 bet for me then decided the link wasn't going to work at all to my book i cracked it , played around a bit changed settings , restarted a couple of times then restarted my laptop and it still wouldnt work so i left it running anyway , came back in 3 hours and it was working again.

I am now starting to think there is a bug somewhere in BA.
Happy Punting

Horpunt 8)
horpunt

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:44 pm

horpunt wrote:Hi Castillo,

Thanks for your reply , i am sort of glad now that i have a couple of people that have had the same problem i thought it was on my side , yesterday it BA placed 1 bet for me then decided the link wasn't going to work at all to my book i cracked it , played around a bit changed settings , restarted a couple of times then restarted my laptop and it still wouldnt work so i left it running anyway , came back in 3 hours and it was working again.

I am now starting to think there is a bug somewhere in BA.

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it is not a bug but its the API playing up.

There are 2 main calls the software makes one for prices and one for bets.

If you see either being slow then you can help us report this to Betfair by sending us some data out of the software.

If you want to help, at the time you see the problems, go into Performance Options from the Options Menu.
Then click on the “View Chart” button (there is one for prices and one for bets).
Then right click on the chart which lets you export the chart data to a file.
Then email us this chart data.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Fri May 08, 2015 5:20 pm

Just had this error. First time I've seen it. Happened at 17.03 when trying to place some lay bets at below minimum stakes on an RSA market.

Have emailed you the data info from both charts.
Deestar

Return to Discussion