Betfair Exchange problems

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair Exchange problems

Postby wizardofmann » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:22 pm

Well, I never: Betfair at last admitting to a 'cyber' attack which seems to have been going on ever since the new API was introduced :!:

We're currently experiencing a DDOS attack on our site. Your funds are safe and secure. We're working to fix this as quickly as possible.

I cannot of course speak for anyone else but if they do not get their act together very soon, I can see the possibility of mass exodus 'heading for the door.' I for one am not far from making that decision :!: :!:
Never say never
wizardofmann

Re: Betfair Exchange problems

Postby eclipse » Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:09 pm

Betfair has been absolutely shocking lately, today is just another bad day of many.
eclipse

Postby alrodopial » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:10 pm

kelso 17:00 never went inplay although their api showed that it will
alrodopial

Postby Conrad1971 » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:16 pm

The future is purple!
Conrad1971

Postby Reged » Mon Apr 13, 2015 5:24 pm

I presume as a result of today's problems that BSP has been reverting to 0 once the race is off, causing a huge headache for me. Hope this goes back to normal tomorrow!
Reged

Postby rourkem » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:40 pm

It's just so sad that there were no compensation or credits given out here.
Windows 8 | Framework 2.0 Image
rourkem

Postby tomfla » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:21 am

So is there anything to be worried about with Betfair other than another attack.

I'm only recently coming around to looking at Betdaq, what do other people think of Betdaq in terms of their commission and market liquidity

Thanks for the help
tomfla

Postby wizardofmann » Mon May 04, 2015 8:01 am

I'm only recently coming around to looking at Betdaq, what do other people think of Betdaq in terms of their commission and market liquidity

Not a lot, in fact nothing at all :!: For all the recent stress Betfair has put it's customers through (DDOS attack, which was totally unacceptable for a company 'leading the field') it is the only exchange I will be using in the foreseeable future.

It's better the devil you know than the devil you don't!
Never say never
wizardofmann

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 pm

tomfla wrote:So is there anything to be worried about with Betfair other than another attack.

Thanks for the help

Betdaq's OK , the fewer 'smart minds' on there the better ;). To make money at gambling you've just got to do your own research as to whether the lower liquidity suits your style or will be more profitabe than Betfair etc. In the old days Betfair had less liquidity than Betdaq does now and plenty of us were happily making a living so it's not a complete lost cause.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion