Excel 2013 - slow run-times

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Excel 2013 - slow run-times

Postby grimesy » Fri May 22, 2015 10:59 pm

Folks,

I recently added Excel 2013 to a new Toshiba laptop, having successfully previously used Excel 2010.

When I run "2013" through the usual Gruss spreadsheet interface into Betfair markets, I am getting run-times substantially slower than when compared with Excel 2010, or earlier versions.

Has anyone encountered such an issue before?

If so, please recommend what workaround was employed to solve this problem.

I'm pretty shocked it's happening - was previously using a 4-year old laptop [a Toshiba, also] which satisfied the basic system requirements that Mark/Gary advise, together with the 2010 version of Excel.

Comments welcome!

Thanks,
G
grimesy

Re: Excel 2013 - slow run-times

Postby grimesy » Wed May 27, 2015 1:06 pm

Hello All - can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks.
grimesy

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 27, 2015 1:50 pm

I remember I avoided upgrading to 2013 from 2010 on Win 8.1 a while back because I'd heard 2013 and win 8 was sluggish, probably due to the default settings in 2013. I remember going to 2010 was a paid with all the additional macro settings they put in I had to disable.

I think it's an excel issue rather than Gruss , have a look on google for sluggish excel 2013 and you'll probably find a lot of tips like disabling features such as hardware acceleraion that may speed things up for you.
Captain Sensible

Postby grimesy » Wed May 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Thanks Captain, that's the OS & Excel version combination I am currently using.

Will google a solution so. FWIW, as Gruss was working perfectly on Excel 2010 & my older Windows' 7 machine, I didn't suspect Gary/Mark's product to be the culprit.

Much appreciated, TY.
grimesy

Postby grimesy » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:13 pm

Just to update:

Long-story short, had to re-install Excel 2010 on the Windows 8 machine.

All avenues offered online were extensively applied, without success.

Feel like an IT technician from the utterly unnecessary workload imposed by Excel 2013's short-comings using 2010 version macro spreadsheets.

MSFT seem more concerned with the look & feel of their products, rather than actual functionality. Serach returns were awash with genuine users [non-Gruss] utterly frustrated with Excel 2013.

Avoid, at all costs :)
grimesy

Return to Discussion