Conditional Bets

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Conditional Bets

Postby gasboy » Tue May 26, 2015 6:29 pm

I am having problems when doing my Conditional bets.
I am Dutching 4 or 5 horses in a race which is working fine, but when I go into Conditional Bets to protect me my choices are being placed as a proper bet straight away! I am lowering the odds on each horse to say 1.8 and put "BACK" in Bet Type and in "BET Price" I put Back price, I then enter my stake.
When I click the "Active" box my selections get placed straight away! what am I doing wrong please? Do I have to put anything in "Tick Offset"
Obviously I do not want to trigger these other horses unless the odds go down to 1.8 during the race.
gasboy

Re: Conditional Bets

Postby MarkRussell » Wed May 27, 2015 10:23 am

Hi,

It depends on the criteria as to when the bet gets fired.

What do you have in the Check Price, If and Price columns because these will determine whether or not the condition is met and if the bet should be submitted.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby gasboy » Wed May 27, 2015 12:40 pm

I had "Last Priced Matched" and > in "IF" with 1.8 in "Price" with Back and Back Price in the other two boxes.
Perhaps I should put Lay Price in "Check Price" to stop bet being fired as soon as I tick the "Active" box?
Is "Tick Offset" important as -10 seems to be showing up in a manual that I am reading about all of this?
Thanks
gasboy

Postby MarkRussell » Wed May 27, 2015 4:51 pm

gasboy wrote:I had "Last Priced Matched" and > in "IF" with 1.8 in "Price" with Back and Back Price in the other two boxes.
Perhaps I should put Lay Price in "Check Price" to stop bet being fired as soon as I tick the "Active" box?
Is "Tick Offset" important as -10 seems to be showing up in a manual that I am reading about all of this?
Thanks

Hi,

Ok so you were checking the Last Price Matched and then saying if that price is greater than 1.8 then trigger the bet.
At the time of activating the Conditional Bet the Last Price Matched must have been greater than 1.8 and hence the bet is getting placed straight away.
Perhaps what you should have put is if the Last Price Matched is less than (<) 1.8
Regarding the Tick Offset in Conditional Bets this relates to the actual odds that get requested.
So if for example you are using Back Price and that price was 1.8 then if you had -10 in the Tick Offset it would use 1.8 less 10 ticks, which is 1.7, for your bet request.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby gasboy » Wed May 27, 2015 5:58 pm

Thanks Mark
gasboy

Return to Discussion