Using Tick Offset at BSP

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Using Tick Offset at BSP

Postby Exfundmanager » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:50 pm

How do I set up a Tick Offset bet using my own criteria, applied against a back bet struck at the BSP only? I can place offset bets before the race starts against a back bet but that doesn't always get me a good price on the back side of the bet, and means i have to be there physically through the meeting.
I just want an easier life away from the screen all afternoon!!!
Exfundmanager

Re: Using Tick Offset at BSP

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:29 am

I guess you could try submitted the back bets at 1000 with the -SP trigger modifier so the bet is well away from being matched but would get converted to SP at the off. Something like BACK-T5-SP, only drawbacks I could see would be where

a) there's a false start and the SP gets rolled back which would cancel any offset but still leave the BACK to resubmit at SP
b) the market is still suspended when the offset hits the market, not sure how gruss handles these, if they get resubmitted etc.

If they do prove a problem you'd be best just writing some separate routine either with formulas or VBA to handle how your offsets get placed once the market goes in play using the MyBets sheet etc
Captain Sensible

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:27 pm

Exfundmanager wrote:How do I set up a Tick Offset bet using my own criteria, applied against a back bet struck at the BSP only? I can place offset bets before the race starts against a back bet but that doesn't always get me a good price on the back side of the bet, and means i have to be there physically through the meeting.
I just want an easier life away from the screen all afternoon!!!

Are you placing the bets manually or with an Excel trigger? If manually then it's exactly the same as before the off except you are placing an SP bet. specify a tick offset then place an SP bet. When you click on the prices grid to place a bet tick "Place at SP".

If you are using an Excel trigger then BACKSP will do it. Specify the minimum odds you will accept as the odds.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Exfundmanager » Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Sorted! Thanks guys!"
Exfundmanager

Postby Exfundmanager » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:43 pm

Errr, I spoke too soon!

Today i noticed on several occasions that if i place a SP price for my back initial bet, which is away from the actual market at the time I placed it, but is subsequently filled as a pre-race off bet because the price drifted out, then the Offset lay bet that I have set will not be triggered. Why not?
Exfundmanager

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:08 pm

Could be a few reasons, did you stay on the market after placing the bets, remember that BA monitors the market to place offset but if you navigate to a new market any monitoring stops. Are you sure no offset was placed? Is it possible the offset lapsed once the market went inplay, your betting history should show if that's the case.

Placing the bets at odds of 1000 should ensure they don't get matched pre off or Garys suggestion of BACKSP would mean they go directly into the BSP pool and couldn't get matched pre off.
Captain Sensible

Postby Exfundmanager » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:40 pm

I've noticed that several offset bets have NOT been placed, after I have come back to watch the race, with the original back bet being placed. I know in between times I have looked at other markets and placed other similar back and offset bet combinations, so could this be a reason why they aren't being filled? Do I have to stay on that one race in order to see the offset bet placed? Seems rather pedantic.
Exfundmanager

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Yes, the program only actively monitors the market it's on, as soon as you navigate away from that market it forgets any offsets. Otherwise the program would be pulling info on every market you had a bet on just to check if a bet was matched and the amount of data and requests to the API could get very high. Most just have excel automated going from race to race rather than using it to place bets manually.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion