Horse names in a spreadsheet for automated betting

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Horse names in a spreadsheet for automated betting

Postby GuitarJon » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:35 pm

Hi there, new to the forum, Gruss and trying to automate betting via excel.
Apologies if this question has been asked before....

Was just wondering if there is a way for Gruss to read a list of horses I have previously selected and have listed into an Excel spreadsheet, and then for it to bet on them?

In other words, I've made my list in column A of 12 horses I like and want to bet on in tomorrow's racing, how do I get Gruss/Excel to find those 12 horses in the relevant Win markets and place bets on them a minute before their respective races? Is this do-able? If so can somebody kindly advise how I can do this?

Thanks in advance for your response.

GuitarJon
GuitarJon

Re: Horse names in a spreadsheet for automated betting

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:13 pm

Have a look in the example sheets as there's one similar to what you're looking for already

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3557
Captain Sensible

Postby GuitarJon » Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:38 am

Thanks Captain Sensible,

However there seems to be a problem when a new market gets loaded automatically. The spreadsheet doesn't clear the "Cancelled" in any rows from a previous race, so if there is a horse selection in that row my bet doesn't get placed....something is preventing it. Shouldn't the "Cancelled" and bet ref things be cleared automatically when a new market is loaded?

Is this supposed to happen? Is there a solution?

In addition, how would I incorporate a greening-up facility into one of the sheets? Say for example I want to green up at 54% offset from my back bet.

Thanks for your help on either/both counts.

Cheers.
GuitarJon

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:09 pm

When you log the sheet to excel there are plenty of tick boxes at the bottom of the Excel -log current prices screen. Have you ticked the boxes to clear the bet references?

There are green-up sheets in the example spreadsheets so you could incorporate the coding from those or look at the triggers betting options for offsets to send any greening up bet when the first bet is matched.

The example sheets are only there as starting points and only to give an idea of various functions. It's worth writing fro scratch once you get to grips with all the options available, it's worth checking out the helpguide and trigger modifiers as there are too many to go thru here but ones bound to do what you need or close to it.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting ... e/help.htm
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion