videos showing basic use of the program for Newcomers to Gru

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

videos showing basic use of the program for Newcomers to Gru

Postby The_Equaliser » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:32 pm

I am new to this software and I can't find anything to help me to decide if It is useful.

Is it possible to set up some videos that work through some basic uses of the program to whet one's appetite?

All I am trying to do initially is just to select 1/2/3 horses in any UK race that I would like to "lay" "in-running at a higher "lay" price than is currently on offer at pre-race times. I would possibly like to quote a range of odds as an exact price may not be matched in-running.

I requested a lay price on a favourite at a higher price than quoted and all that happened was the horse was matched at the current shorter price. Luckily the damned thing lost so I did win but I can already do that on the main Betfair site.

I am sure that the software can do many things that I may become interested in but with my free trial running out in about 25 days I would like to see something that shows me how to carry out basic functions that Betfair can't provide.

If anyone can help I would appreciate it
The_Equaliser

Re: videos showing basic use of the program for Newcomers to

Postby milfor » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:01 am

Go in this forum to the subforum 'Help'. There you find a thread called 'Demonstration videos'.
milfor

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:44 am

The_Equaliser wrote:I requested a lay price on a favourite at a higher price than quoted and all that happened was the horse was matched at the current shorter price. Luckily the damned thing lost so I did win but I can already do that on the main Betfair site.

Hi,

You can't request a lay price that is higher than the current price because Betfair will just match instantly at the better price.
That's what they call "Best Execution"
You would need to wait for the price to get to the higher odds and then place the bet.
You can set that up in the software using the "Conditional Bets" feature which will wait for the price to rise and when the conditions are met will place the bet.
Have a look at the "Conditional Bets" section in the User Guide which is a sub topic in the Grid Interface Section.
See http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/Betting_Assistant/UserGuide/help.htm

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby The_Equaliser » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Many thanks Mark; I have just found some of your demos using Excel spread sheets (by you) where you can request higher lay odds.

I will look at the conditional help to see if that is easier for me to use.

I would like to set up a number of races with lay bets at different odds in-running. If the conditional tool is easier to use then I will use it.

I do have Excell 2010 so I presume that this will be OK if I want to go down the automated route.

I am keen to give this a go, so many thanks for your help
The_Equaliser

Postby The_Equaliser » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Hi Guys,

I have found out the hard way how to use the conditional facility.

As I like to set up a range of lay bets through selected races; I have now learnt that one has to drag and drop rquested races into the same tab page (no surprise to those who know).

What I didn't realise was that although I requested specific "lay" odds in-running I also had to adjust the liability box from 0 to whatever my highest lay price/liability would be.

I tested this with 3 races. Nothing happened on the first two. No trades triggered.

I tumbled what might be the problem and was back at the PC for the 8.30pm at Chester. We were pretty close to off time; maybe the race was off. would love to know how you can tell on the website?

Anyway I thought I would put in my max liability into the little box. I entered £15 as I didn't feel I had time to recalculate the true liabilty for £2.11 @ 6.0

Anyway, straight away the software was hunting for my price in-running. My lay price got matched and I belive that the horse even got matched at 20.
Would you believe it thedamn thing came back and won! Lesson learned and money burned.

All very fascinating though.

At least I now know how to use the facility correctly, even though it cost me £10.55

Ii wonder if there is a demo mode for bets whilst one is trying out their strategies?
The_Equaliser

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:30 pm

As far as I'm aware thankfully Gruss has never had a demo mode. If you want to trial strategies there's plenty of data files available from BEtfair to see what prices were matched in running etc or even just play with very small stakes for a while. Demo modes just suck people in and once the moneys down the the markets behave a lot differently than how computers assume you'll get matched, at the end of the day demo modes probably cost people a lot more than they save by giving them false expectations.
Captain Sensible

Postby The_Equaliser » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I have cracked how to arrange conditional bets which is posted up on my topic regarding problems about it.

Now I am wondering if Gruss Software can cope with setting up 3 bets on the horses whereby if the first bet loses we start all over again. However, if it wins we put the winnings on our next bet. Again if we lose we go back to square one. However if it wins we subtract 4 points from the winnings and stick the rest on the the 3rd race. If that one wins we just pocket the spoils.

I guess we may be getting into Excel territory here so any ideas I will be grateful.

The reason for doing this is so that I can set my bets in the morning and forget about them until the evening,

These are "win" bets.

Any help will be appreciated
The_Equaliser

Postby The_Equaliser » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:25 pm

Hi Guys,

Can we liven this Forum up a bit

I don't think it should be taken that seriously so as not to have some fun

:lol: :oops: :!: :?: :idea: :idea: :D :) :roll:

Perhaps working with formulas is a serious business

Can't we have some fun trying to make some money using Gruss?
The_Equaliser

Return to Discussion