PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Postby The_Equaliser » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Just asking for help really.

I setup a Conditional Lay bet for the 5.00 at Ascot today. This was on a horse called Plane Song.
The settings I used were: Max Liability £10; Allow bets to be placed In play = ticked; Check Price = last matched price (query if I should have stipulated "lay price" Next between 4.3 - 5.7. Bet type = "lay" Bet price = "Lay Price" Stake £2.11; Active = ticked.

I watched the race and prices move during the event. I also checked what was traded at the end of the race. Between the prices of 4.3 to 5.7 there was £1,518 matched but my lousy £2.11 didn't get a look in as the horse's price drifted and it evenyually lost.

I am not sure what went on here. Is it that I have set the race up incorrectly or just that Betfair has ignored Gruss software and the likes of ****** etc have swallowed up all the prices and left me in the lurch.

I will be grateful if someone will advise me what I am doing wrong?
The_Equaliser

Re: PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Postby The_Equaliser » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:51 pm

I tried this again with another horse Jaylinski in the 6.45 at Salisbury. This time I changed the "check" price to "lay price" with all other criteria the same as before and range 3.75 - 5.75. Once again the horse lost and my £2.11 stake did not get matched.

I can't see that I am doing anything wrong. Is it that Lay bets in-running do not get matched and only win bets do?

I am not using this software again until I can make the software do what I want it to do.

There are not many days left on my free trial and I am running out of ideas to get this working properly.

Any constructive advice will be most appreciated.
The_Equaliser

Postby rourkem » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:54 pm

Got nothing on top of my head for this but I think that this is a common issue. Someone should be able to give some thoughts here.
Windows 8 | Framework 2.0 Image
rourkem

Postby The_Equaliser » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 am

Many thanks Rourkem;

There is very little point in my signing up to Gruss regularly if I cannot use it for what it is meant to do.

I only have 6 days left on my trial and unless I can resolve this issue then I won't sign up.

This begs the question as to what everyone else uses it for? Is it just to set up "win" bets? I am at a loss to understand where its strength lies.

Maybe someone else can help.
The_Equaliser

Postby MarkRussell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:12 am

Hi,

The Conditional Bets feature will fire in the bet as long as the software sees that the criteria is met and also providing that you keep the market open in Betting Assistant once it has been activated.
Whether the bet gets matched after it gets submitted is another thing.
No one software has precedence over another when it comes to getting bets matched.
First thing to check, is did the bet get submitted.
Betting Assistant has a Transaction Log that records all bets submitted from it during the session which you can access from the Account Menu.
So I would suggest trying again and seeing if the bet gets submitted.
If it doesn't then we would need to look at what criteria you had used.
If you want you can email admin@gruss-software.co.uk with a screen shot of the filled in criteria and we can advise from there.
As for why people use the software, it does a lot more than just the Conditional Bets feature and like many of the other API products out there has its pros and cons.
Our aim is to keep developing the software with useful features whilst keeping the cost at a competitive rate.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby The_Equaliser » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:45 pm

Hi Mark,

Many thanks for your reply.

It looks as though I should have set a "global" setting to "Keep In Play".

I have now tried this and got two successful bets matched.

My betting style is to set up a number of conditional bets throughout any one racing day and just let them run.

I know how to drag and drop the relevant races and set the conditional bets and to leave all open on Gruss software.

However, what happened was when I tried to use the accounts tab and then the Transaction Log it seemed to show the first transaction but I could not get it to show two or more which got me worried that the extra races may not trigger.

I wasn't sure if the bets manager should show me the same details but it didn't.

Do you have any ideas how I could get either of these to work after selecting a number of races using the "conditional" bets feature.

If there is a help video. this could also be very useful.

Many thanks for your help so far anyway.
The_Equaliser

Postby The_Equaliser » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:55 am

As my bets are in-play should I set the trigger time to 0:00:05?

I am trying the new page idea for multiple markets.

Still my bets do not show in the transaction Log.

Surely it shouldnt be this hard to set up my bets on UK racing for the day and leaving me having to worry that they won't get matched in running.

All very frustrating
The_Equaliser

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:41 am

Hi,

If the bets are not in the Transaction Log after the race has finished then they were never submitted suggesting that the criteria set was not met or that you didn't keep the Market open after setting the Conditional Bet.

If you are setting up several races for the day, are you opening each one in it's own tab page?
Does your computer go into a hibernate state, because it does need to be active for the software to keep monitoring? i.e. turn off computer power saving modes if you plan on using Conditional Bets.

With regards to the time, this is the time that you want Betting Assistant to start checking the criteria to see if it is met and so triggering the bet.
You can set a time that is hours before the start of the race or minutes before, entirely your choice.

Are you ticking the "Allow bets to be placed in play" box?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby The_Equaliser » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Mark,

I was nitiially using the "coupon" method which I achieved by setting my bet on the first race of my choice then subsequently drag and dropping the next race(s) on to the same page. What this did was to set up litttle tables of the bets when I just hovered over the the "Gruss" software icon at the bottom of my screen which has led me to believe that te bets are set up properly.

I always tick "in-play" I always keep the software open. My monitor does go to sleep after a time so I need to check that it is not hibernating though I never set this option on my pc.

If you think I shouldn't use the coupon view I will but the coupon view shows all teh races where as the new tab page appears to only show the current race set up.

I thought you initially said that the "log" would show bets in progess, not those afetr teh event.

Looks like I only have 4 days remaining of my trial to sort this all out.

Regards,

Mike
The_Equaliser

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi,

As soon as a bet is accepted by Betfair it will have been given a bet reference and all bets with a bet reference will be recorded in the Transaction Log.

As far as I am aware the Conditional Bets should work from a Coupon View.

How many markets do you typically have in the Coupon and what refresh rate are you using?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby The_Equaliser » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:56 pm

Hi Mark,

The number of markets open could be anything from 3 to 10+

I haven't touched the refresh rates but it seems to be showing about 1000ms (52) by default.

Regards,

Mike
The_Equaliser

Postby The_Equaliser » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:41 pm

Hi Mark,

The settings seemd to work yesterday so today I will set my bets using the coupon view and see how that goes.

I now have 3 days left of my trial left.

I feel sufficiently OK with the software for my conditional bets so as to warant taking up the paid for mebership.

Hopefully this is still £6 per month.

What I will be doing is trying at least to recover my monthly fee by making profits for 3 months and then increasing my stakes should this period prove to be successful.

Once I feel confident that the settings are OK I may write up here my own idea of how other users can set up "conditional" bets in Gruss without fear of them failing to kick in when the criteria has been met.

Many thanks for all your help.

Mike
The_Equaliser

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi,

I don't know if you have considered using the Excel Triggered Betting feature at all but it gives you far more flexibility for doing Conditional Betting and using that feature you can set Betting Assistant up so that it works its way through a race card and you are only ever needing to have one market open at a time which is more efficient and uses less data calls and therefore less band width.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby grumpy » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:30 pm

The_Equaliser wrote:I may write up here my own idea of how other users can set up "conditional" bets in Gruss

Mike

Will look forward to that.
grumpy

Postby The_Equaliser » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:06 am

Hi Mark,

I have seen on Utube how to set up Excel Spreadsheets so I can take a look. I may have to set up a number of race cards as my bets could be made on any of them. I will lose a bit on personal criteria as I like to exclude "hold-up" horses from my bets and that cannot be taken account of in Excel.

I don't understand the significance of less data calls and band width and would apprecaite a little explanation if possible.

Also, if I set the start times to the actual start time of a race and monitor in-running from there would that not save the software from keep checking on data right up to the time of the race?

Regards,

Mike
The_Equaliser

Next

Return to Discussion