PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Postby The_Equaliser » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:25 pm

Yes; I have signed up and so I am writing to you all.

I was hoping that a late bet would be a loser so that I could post up my own details on how to be confident that the "conditional" bets worked properly.

Unfortunately the horse won and although I didn't lose I need to confirm a late bet (loser) on my lay bets so as to at least be confident that Gruss has worked right through to the end of the day.

When this happens I will write up my report here; so at least Grumpy will be satisfied
The_Equaliser

Re: PROBLEMS WITH SETTING CONDITIONAL LAY BETS

Postby The_Equaliser » Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:52 pm

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would jot down my thoughts on how to use the “conditional bets” for “lay” purposes over a number of races on any racing day using Gruss Software. Obviously this can be used for “back” bets with a little bit of modification.

To begin with open Gruss software and the grid interface should be seen.
(1) Choose options, then grid interface then under “display columns” tick conditional bets then click OK
(2) Go back to options then select the General tab. Where you see “verify bets by default then you must UNTICK this option.
(3) Next (under the General Tab) where it says “default action if unmatched before turned into play; tick “Keep in play”.
(4) Since this is about “horse racing” then we go back to the grid and select horse racing
NB I do not select all races and instead only select short priced favourites in their races. The logic behind this was to lay known front running or prominent horses in running that would be at short prices on the off and then lay them in running at higher prices should they be running badly and lose. For example if a horse is trading at 2.0 I will set up a “lay” at between 4.0 & 5.70 to try and catch it running bad and lose. This hasn’t proved to be a money spinner yet as sometimes the damn things have come back and won. Anyway the point that I am trying to make is that I generally work through the main Betfair and Sporting Life site in order to establish my selections before adding them to Gruss Software. This avoids adding in races that I do not care to entertain.
(5) So now we should know which races we are going to select for our lay bets
(6) I prefer to use the “coupon” view for my selections as one can see the entire races on one long page. This is just using the same grid page but dragging and dropping additional races onto it.
(7) For the first chosen race just click on the race from the menu of available races. Next click on the “C” column beside the horse’s name. What happens next is that a “conditional Bets (profile default) table pops up for you to enter bet details on
(8) On the top row select Max Liability if you so wish and insert the maximum liability you will accept. Then tick the box that says “allow bets to be placed in play”
(9) On the next row, select “Lay price”
(10) Then next IF, select between for example 4.0 the 5.7 under price 2.
(11) Under Bet type select “Lay” make sure you get this right
(12) Stake, put in the amount e.g. £2.11
(13) Then “trigger after” I usually put the race start time but if you hope for the price to get matched pre-race then leave it as it is. NB if you do fiddle with the time make sure you use the proper time format e.g. 14:00:00
(14) Next tick the box saying “active” If you change anything on this screen you will have to tick the “active” box again as it goes blank when an alteration is made. You then minimise this screen and are ready to move on to the next race.
(15) Go back to the horse menu and be ready to select your next race. However, what you have to do is not just click on the race; you must hold the mouse over the race, left click on it BUT keep the button down and drag it onto the grid and only then release it. If you don’t you will not be able to enter your next bet.
(16) To enter the bet just click on the “C” column of the horse that you wish to lay. A new “Conditional Bets” profile default appears and you just fill out the new information including required odds etc. Once you are done just minimise the pop up and you are now ready to move on to the next race in the same manner.
(17) If you hover your mouse over the Gruss Icon at the bottom of the screen you should see all the “conditional Bet” profiles that you have set up for each race. You can even click on them but as stated above if you change anything you will have to click the “activate” box again.
(18) For any of the bets to be matched you MUST leave the software running all day and not have your PC settings arranged in such a way that the PC hibernates or switches off after a period of time.

I do hope that I have explained this clearly and very much welcome anyone else’s ideas on this topic.

I’d better get back to the drawing board for now.

Any questions please write and I will get back to you.
The_Equaliser

Previous

Return to Discussion