Report available, how the money was placed?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Report available, how the money was placed?

Postby dd1337 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:15 am

Hello

Offers gruss-software an overview, how the money was placed?
When i visit the bf's website of a game, i just see the total amounts for one market
e.g https://www.betfair.com/exchange/footba ... d=27499022
matchodds market ist 1.358€ in total atm, but i cant see how the money was placed for kalju to example (by back or lay).
is there a (detailed) report available?

best regards
dd1337

Re: Report available, how the money was placed?

Postby milfor » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:56 pm

For each Euro someone has backed, someone else must have layed this Euro
(from his account the winnings will come from).

So 1358 Euro were backed and 1358 Euro were layed.
milfor

Postby alrodopial » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:20 pm

If I got it right you want:
at ba ->options->preferences->grid interface-> and then you tick "total matced" -> press "ok" and you see at the right of the grid the amounts matched at every selection
alrodopial

Postby dd1337 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:03 am

milfor wrote:For each Euro someone has backed, someone else must have layed this Euro
(from his account the winnings will come from).

So 1358 Euro were backed and 1358 Euro were layed.

This is correct, but if you watch a special market you usually have an offer on lay and/or back market. When the money was matched, you just see the amount of money next to the odd on bf's website, but not how it was matched (by lay or by back)
Is there a report available, where you can see it afterwards?
dd1337

Postby milfor » Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:50 am

You can separate UNMATCHED Backs and Lays, yes.
But you can't separate MATCHED Backs and Lays because every matched Back is a matched Lay with the same amount.
milfor

Postby negapo » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:40 pm

For each Buyer there is a Seller, for each backer there is a layer. What people want to know when they ask where the trade was made is who bought the odd at the price available (who sent the market order), if it was the backer or the layer. For each trade there was someone who sent a limit order and there was someone who sent a market order, this is, there was someone who retrieved liquidity and there was someone who was offering liquidity, The question people want to know usually is who retrieved the liquidity, if it was the backer or the layer. They want to use this so check who was the desperate guy, the backer or the layer, and try to extract some knowledge of price direction with this information. I have a related post on my soon to be blog but i don't know if Gary minds that i put in here the link http://fooledbyabet.com/market-makers-e-scalping/
If this is not ok Gary please remove it.
negapo

Postby Owen123 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:40 am

Negapo,
Enjoyed reading your blog posts.
Re How the money was placed discussion; How does Cross Matching mask some of the clarity? Just inetrested in your thoughts?
Owen123

Postby negapo » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:36 pm

Thanks Owen123, im still trying to write more stuff and put some thoughts into posts.
I haven't thought much about the cross match, not because i don't think its important, but because i cannot find a simple way to reverse engineer or take into account the "false" demand for a selection that the cross matching introduces. I think we can say (by betfair rules if im not mistaken) that whoever sent the market order is the one who created the volume, this is, the volume will be recorded on the selection that the market order was sent. The money that was there could be a true limit order on that selection but it also could be a fake price (a collection of one or more orders in other selection(s) that the betfair cross match engine puts there). I think the more informative order, the one who carries more knowledge, its the market order, the other orders reflect the current equilibrium. I think that there are two distinct cases: if the bid/ask is closed (if the best back and best lay are separated by one tick) the the orders don't have much meaning, the volume is being formed in a natural way, they still can reflect some demand/momentum if the volume is being done in just the backs, or just the lays, but there can be limited value to be extracted. if the bid ask is big then the market order is willing to pay the gap which can be informative. Will leave it here. I know that many of us who trade the markets, with bots or in a discretionary way, realize the value of where the volume is being matched.
negapo

Return to Discussion