Newbie Questions/Suggestions

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Newbie Questions/Suggestions

Postby f0cker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:44 am

Hello,

I'm a new user and I've just got everything setup and working mostly how I wanted, so I'll be signing up. However, I have a couple of features that I don't think are supported at the moment, but just wanted to check if they are. Apologies if this has been asked and answered previously, but I couldn't find the answer. I use the software exclusively for applying bets/lays on horse racing.

1) Is it possible to run Gruss in a test mode where it records the results of a system but doesn't place any bets?

2) I have to use 2 spreadsheets to apply my bets as I play both the place markets and win markets and I do this using 2 separate pages within Gruss, each one linked to a separate workbook. Is it possible to do this from 1 workbook, with each page accessing a separate worksheet only? Or is there a better way to play 2 markets simultaneously?
f0cker

Re: Newbie Questions/Suggestions

Postby milfor » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 am

1) doesn't exist.
2) is possible. When you connect to Excel you can choose which Worksheet should be used.
milfor

Postby f0cker » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:13 am

Ah, got 2) working now. thanks mate
f0cker

Postby Wyndon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 5:08 pm

Also a newbie, I'm looking to trigger a place bet for a horse where a win bet has previously been triggered. Is this possible? Can Win and Place markets be open at the same time, or do I need to open 2 separate instances of GRUSS and then attempt to link them? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Wyndon

Postby Wyndon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:55 pm

Perhaps someone could tell me how to have Win & Place markets open at the same time? The User Guide appears to refer to earlier versions.
Wyndon

Postby bolpx001 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:39 pm

I just place win markets on one sheet and place markets on another, works fine. Also all my win markets go on one sheet example southwell will be on rows 1 t0 50, Windsor on rows 51 to 100, Kilbeggan on rows 101 to 150 etc. I have done this for years without any issues - best regards Paul
bolpx001

Postby Wyndon » Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:58 pm

Thanks Paul, I'll give it a go tomorrow.
Wyndon

Postby Wyndon » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:58 am

I'm sorry Paul. I can't seem to get this to work. I'd appreciate an idiot's guide from you (or anyone else) on how how to get get win and place markets on the same Excel sheet. The Quick Pick list does not seem to allow me to include both win and place markets, so I assume I need to open 2 instances of GRUSS. If I do this, I get 2 separate versions of the same Excel file. I assume that I have to use Open Multiple Sheets Quick Link and that I'm able to use the option to open markets at a specific time before the start. I'm intending to use A60 as the origin cell for the place market.
Wyndon

Postby bolpx001 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:29 am

What I do is open BA and open my spread sheet (Excel). The first two tabs on the spread sheet are called refresh and refreshp respectively. BA is set up to open both win and place markets for Ireland and England, two tabs per meeting, one for win and one for place. So if there were three meetings BA would have six tabs open in total. For the sake of argument let us say that the first meeting is at Ascot so there are two tabs in BA that refer to Ascot, one for win and one for place. On the win market I click on the excel menu tab and configure the output to the refresh sheet in Excel using row 1 and save. Next I click on the place tab in BA for Ascot Click on Excel menu tab again and configure the output to the refreshp sheet tab which can be found on the drop down and leave the row number unchanged at row 1 and save. I repeat the process for the next race meeting changing the row number to 51 and so on for the third etc. I have also configured BA to automatically load the next race 18 minutes before the start.
I have typed the above from memory as I am in work and my computer is at home slaving away. Also I I have written an Autohotkey routine to do all of the heavy lifting, so it is some time since I actually manually entered the settings. But the above should give a good idea of what needs to be done. - best regards Paul
bolpx001

Postby Wyndon » Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:01 pm

Paul, thanks for your advice and patience. All set up and running now after eliminating some schoolboy errors!
Wyndon

Postby yerwoman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:30 pm

I am new and hope this is the correct place to post. All I'm trying to do is trigger back the field bets for every race on every horse above a price of 50. I figured out how to do it manually using the betting options but when the next race comes up it doesn't place the back bets on the horses above that price. I wonder if I need to use an excel spreadsheet for this and if anyone can advise where I can get a sheet to suit please? I'm not clever enough to create one.

I was hoping to set it up and leave it for the day's racing so that all big priced horses have a back bet on them.

Thanks
yerwoman

Postby vanbuuts » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:25 am

Would be fairly easy to do in excel, depending what staking levels you need. Can’t see it being a long term profitable strategy though. Have you done any backtesting before diving in with cash?
vanbuuts

Return to Discussion