Betfair Race Times grrrrr

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Betfair Race Times grrrrr

Postby Shaun » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 am

Why after all this time betfair are still unable to account for race delays and start time adjustments, it is just pure incompetents, there are any number of places they can obtain accurate times but fail to pass that on to the API, so once again instead of an automated betting platform i am chasing my tail.
Shaun

Re: Betfair Race Times grrrrr

Postby osknows » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:09 pm

Betfair have recently added a new race status service to their API so hopefully this won;t be far off, see link

https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... Status+API
osknows

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:21 pm

Hi,

Yes the race status will be included in a future release.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:43 pm

Pity they're only doing it for the UK and Irish races as they're usually more reliable certainly compared to the US times which are a shambles. I'd guess they're just using the details they collect for timeform as they own that too so no biggy for them. Still it's better than nothing and should certainly be useful if the data is reliable.
Captain Sensible

Postby Shaun » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:33 pm

Pity also not for Australian races, these are normally very accurate starting with in a minute after advertised race start time, except in the case of delays, depending on the time delay they will try to catch up, today due to adverse weather they had 2 separate delays for for 2 meetings, what i did notice at one point was the clock was accurate but the picklist was incorrect, it screws the whole meeting up if i don't account for it, i suppose i could test for market percentage before placing the bet.
Shaun

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:43 pm

Do you know what meetings they were? I did notice my Aus bots only made a third of what they normally do but put it down to one of those things as the wins were lower than usualrather than erratic wins/losses.
Captain Sensible

Postby Shaun » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm

Pakenham and Flemington. both Victorian tracks, they had some freakish weather hit early in the day, i think both meeting put races back a meeting for awhile, by the end i think they had caught up.
Shaun

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks
Captain Sensible

Postby Marshy » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:11 pm

Hi Mark
Just bumping this thread as I would find the new Betfair race status very useful. I use Excel so having the race status in one of the cells at the top of the page would be brilliant, perhaps F3 for the race status under F2 for the market status. Can you give us some idea of when this might be available so I can decide whether to wait or find a different approach.

Ideally I want to check odds against the Betfair SP but as that seems impossible to predict accurately I want to test the available odds just before the race starts automatically, without actually watching the race. Using the official start time can leave a gap of two or three minutes before the race starts and the odds can move dramatically so if anybody knows a different approach I would welcome a bit of feedback.

Thanks
Marshy
Marshy
Marshy

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

MarkRussell wrote:Hi,

Yes the race status will be included in a future release.

Regards,
Mark

This post is over year old now , is there any chance of the race status being added especially as this time of year is when things start to get delayed and put back with abandonments.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:48 pm

Lingfield today , 5 minutes
I didn't play due to delay
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:00 pm

The race status should mean you'd be able to play closer to the off , here's the API output

RaceStatus

Value

Description

DORMANT

There is no data available for this race.

DELAYED

The start of the race has been delayed

PARADING

The horses/greyhounds are in the parade ring

GOINGDOWN

The horses are going down to the starting post

GOINGBEHIND

The horses are going behind the stalls
APPROACHING The greyhounds are approaching the traps
GOINGINTRAPS The greyhounds are being put in the traps
HARERUNNING The hard has been started

ATTHEPOST

The horses are at the post

OFF

The race has started

FINISHED

The race has finished
FINALRESULT The result has been declared (Greyhounds only)

FALSESTART

There has been a false start

PHOTOGRAPH

The result of the race is subject to a photo finish

RESULT

The result of the race has been announced

WEIGHEDIN

The jockeys have weighed in

RACEVOID

The race has been declared void
NORACE

The race has been declared a no race
MEETINGABANDONED The meeting has been abandoned
RERUN The race will be rerun

ABANDONED

The race has been abandoned
Captain Sensible

Postby bolpx001 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 pm

Hi All, will this information be available on the excel interface? If it where it would be great - Paul
bolpx001

Return to Discussion