Dutch Lay at SP

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Dutch Lay at SP

Postby StuT » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:15 pm

Hi all,

This is not so much a question about Gruss BA, more so on the way Betfair works:

If I place a dutch lay bet on various selections and choose to use the Betfair SP Price ,does the liability I choose immediately get deducted from my account balance at the time of placing the bets.

So for example I dutch lay 4 selections and choose Lay them at SP and choose a liability of £10 each will £40 immediately get deducted from my account.
StuT

Re: Dutch Lay at SP

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:24 pm

Depends what market you're laying on , if it's the win market then only £10 would be deducted from your balance as that's the maximum liability you could be exposed to on the market i.e. only one of the bets could lose. On the place market it'd depend how many places were up for grabs .
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:35 am

Captain Sensible wrote:Depends what market you're laying on , if it's the win market then only £10 would be deducted from your balance as that's the maximum liability you could be exposed to on the market i.e. only one of the bets could lose. On the place market it'd depend how many places were up for grabs .

Thanks for your prompt reply CS, it's great to have helpful folk on a forum.
Yeah, it's on horse race win markets.

And will that still be the case if I use the excel LAYSP trigger on each selection I have dutched with it's own calculated liability in the stake column.
As Betfair don't know the SP odds at bet placement will they not treat them as separate bets and add up all the separate liabilities and then deduct that total amount from my balance. I'm worried they will do that.

It's a key point in my strategy as I'll need to know my available funds before placing the separately calculated dutch bets.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:43 am

When laying at Betfair SP you're always laying to a fixed amount (liability) not a variable one so it doesn't really matter what the odds are returned as they just adjust the stake depending on what odds are returned so it'll always coe to that fixed amount.

They'll just deduct the highest liability of the individual bets from your balance as that's always the most you can lose on a one winner market. They won't take into account whatever you may win from the other bets as they do not guarantee a match with BSP bets.

So for example you have a football match and lay dutch two 2/1 shots for £50 each. You may assume your exposure on the market would only be £50 because you'll have one £50 winner and one 2/1 loser costing you £100 (£100-£50=£50) but Betfair would deduct £100 from the balance as until the bets are actually matched there's no way of guaranteeing if the bets will be matched or what odds will be returned.
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Excellent, I understand that now, thanks again for your reply.
StuT

Return to Discussion