timing of results in sheet

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

timing of results in sheet

Postby slochin » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Hello,
I have recently started running an automatic program through excel and whilst using my Dutch Bet program I am looking at if it is possible to be able to run a staking plan that is dependent on obtaining the results of the previous race earlier enough to sort out the calculations.
Although it is early stage and others no doubt could comment but it appears the logging of the results in the excel sheet is not fast enough for this from Betfair. Is that correct?
In my searching there is one bot which mentions a quicker way to obtain results:
'Provisional winners are estimated from the traded volume after the race has finished and offers superbly quick results.'
Any thoughts on this?
In case it makes a difference I am talking about Australian horse racing only.
slochin

Re: timing of results in sheet

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:26 pm

Not sure the highest traded volume is the best indicator especially as you have fast finishers that win and don't even trade the lowest odds let alone highest volume, then there's photo finishes etc. I use code in one of my bots that copies across the runner with the lowest odds at the end of the race and it's pnl just to give me a rough idea of how the bot's done during the day but there's no real way of telling the winner other than having the official result.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion