#N/A in formula cell

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: #N/A in formula cell

Postby slochin » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:25 am

Hello Captain Sensible,
Thanks for the reply. I have been able to automate all the other selection methods in Excel using the format that I download which starts off as one line and then I data text to columns. Now this does not affect the automation of my original selections in Excel into the three groups required. This is because I do not need to have the race heading in this sheet only the final selections, in one instance the selections plus the form figures. So I ma happy as far as that goes as I only have to copy and paste into Excel and then the rest is automated. Once I get these possible selections they are then loaded up into three separate sheets on my Gruss connected Excel sheet and the final instructions are given on my main sheet. This works well.
Now as I would like to eliminate certain races according to the condition of the tracks I need to have the heading in a format that could be developed for automation. Particularly the last cell containing the number .The website that I download the info from has two options,download from the main page or right click and this takes you to a site that has it in text form .The screen shots of the site and then the text site are as follows.

Text site

When I try to download the info from a data query in Excel there does not appear to be tables as per below.
This is from the page once I log in.

This is from the text site.
slochin

Re: #N/A in formula cell

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:21 pm

The data certainly looks formatted, probably by using the TAB key, have you looked at the other options in excel to import files? Even just saving thetext file and importing as a text file would mean you could split the data by a fixed width which would just leave the race details jumbled but that's easily correct using VBA or even just set aside column AA and use CONCATENATE to reform it i.e. =CONCATENATE(A1 & " ",B1 & " ",C1 & " ", etc)

Then just reference that column AA to pick out your number using

=RIGHT(VLOOKUP(findword(A1,6)&"*",Sheet2!AA1:AA500,1,FALSE),2)*1

and either delete the race with VBA to stick -8 in Q2 or just have a just add another condition in your trigger not to bet if that's greater than 8 or whatever number you want.

Must admit I'm not sure why you need three separate sheets as it sounds as if one sheet could handle it all. At the end of the day all the mixing and matching of excel and vba means you'll be making compromises.
Captain Sensible

Previous

Return to Discussion