XM Button

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

XM Button

Postby Lavenham » Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:07 am

Hi,
When trading on a horse race, is there any real advantage in turning the XM Button on? I can't seem to find any arguments either for or against but it must be there for a reason.

Thanks
Lavenham

Re: XM Button

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:24 pm

With cross matching on I guess you get to see all prices that should be available to take and it'd mirror the Betfair website.
Captain Sensible

Postby Bart » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Don't bet horse racing much but certainly I wouldn't be without it on most markets. If you want to make offers then you need to know what the best prices are. Unfortunately Gruss has not kept up with betfair in its implementation. Horse racing AvB markets for example it is missing. Also since cross market cross matching was introduced the effects of xm have increased. For example compare a football asian handicap market on the website to gruss.
Bart

Postby Bart » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Add horse racing each way markets in running which the xm is not displayed correctly on gruss. I mentioned in the suggestions forum that the xm on some football/snooker markets needed sorting years ago so unfortunately this doesn't appear to be a priority.
Bart

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:54 pm

Surprised they don't match the website because the new API returns the virtual prices these days so they don't need to be calculated on the fly.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:57 pm

Hi,

Captain is correct, since the introduction of the new API the XM prices are included automatically.

I had a look the prices for an in play Each Way market and I agree that they do not match the website so something else is happening.

We will investigate this issue as matter of urgency.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Bart » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi Mark, thanks for the reply. The e/w market looked strange because something weird happened when its turned in play which doesn't seem to apply pre race. However the xm prices don't seem to appear on alot of markets for me. For example football asian handicaps, football double chance, snooker frame betting, unless I've messed a setting up?
Bart

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:52 pm

There are two options related to cross matching in general preferences.

1. Show cross matched prices.

2. Apply cross matching formula on recognised markets.

This is how the options combine.

Both options ticked: BA will calculate the prices and highlight in yellow which prices and amounts available were created by cross matching.
Each way in running is not recognised as requiring cross matching calculation so I need to update BA

Only first option: It will request the virtual prices from the API so guaranteed to always match website.

No options: Neither calculated or requested.

If you aren't bothered about the highlighting then the first option is best.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:58 pm

Bart wrote:Don't bet horse racing much but certainly I wouldn't be without it on most markets. If you want to make offers then you need to know what the best prices are. Unfortunately Gruss has not kept up with betfair in its implementation. Horse racing AvB markets for example it is missing. Also since cross market cross matching was introduced the effects of xm have increased. For example compare a football asian handicap market on the website to gruss.

Tick "Show cross matched prices" in general preferences, but also make sure "Apply cross matching formula in recognised markets" is not ticked. It will request virtual prices from the API and is guaranteed to match the website in all markets.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Return to Discussion