Laying while you sleep

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Laying while you sleep

Postby GRUSSZOOM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:28 am

If I was 'backing'on the regular Betfair site or perhaps on GBA I could set all my bets at midnight say at $1.10 and Betfair would 'say' unmatched and I would go to SP. I would say yes and go to bed. During the night all those bets would become active at SP prices. The liability would not change and would be locked in so to speak. And maybe that's why what I propose probably won't happen. (Living in Australia all our UK races are on during the small hours.) Now could I do exactly the same (preset bets at SP ) but on Lay bets using Gruss Betting Assistant ? I know the prices will not be as good as betting 'live' as it were but I can live with that. BTW I am one of your customers who think your 'product' is beyond excellent. Of course I only use about 1/20 th of it's capabilitity because I am still learning. :)
GRUSSZOOM

Re: Laying while you sleep

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:29 pm

You have the same options on Gruss as the Betfair website, if you want bets to be converted to SP at the off just tick the 'SP in play' box in the betting options so all bets are placed with the keep SP option. In the bet manager screen you can also add the keep SP option to individual bets by ticking the SP box.

Captain Sensible

Postby GRUSSZOOM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Thank you for your reply. Maybe you are talking about thoroughbreds because it does not work on UK greyhounds. I place a lay bet say $10 on dog 6 at $3.00 Liability = $20 But this liablity would increase if the bet was placed as SP because I'm anticipating that he will start at around the $4.50 mark. I'm quite happy to accept the imposed increase in liability but it just won't happen.
At this time he is showing say $4.60 on the lay side.
Obviously my bet is immediately not matched and appears in bet manager as unmatched. I tick both SP boxes one top left hand side and one in the bet manager section. The dogs jump and he's showing say $4.20. My bet which I'm happy to take at that price ($4.20) does not go on. So the GBA behaves differently for back bets as to lay bets. But I don't know why the scenario that I described in my opening post does not work in reverse as it were. What actually happens is GBA and or Betfair just "say' no can do and flick my bet into oblivion - no bet registered.
GRUSSZOOM

Postby GRUSSZOOM » Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:23 am

It is quite possible that what was said on another forum thread may have an influence on whaI'm trying to achieve. Lately I've been using small amounts to test the system. Which means the liability in all cases would have been less than $20. Even though I gave an example above that is not exactly true as I was not aware of the liability threshhold at the time of writing. It was not my intention to be deliberately deceptive. I just normally use $10 lots in my betting.
GRUSSZOOM

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:52 pm

Yep you need to meet Betfairs minimum stake requirements before any bets will be placed into the BSP pool. Stakes under those liabilities just lapse at the off the same as normal bets.

As far as I'm aware the minimum stake for Aus registered accounts is $5 for back bets and $30 liability for lay bets as opposed to £2 back and £10 liability (or equivalent in local currency) for other accounts. This is down to Betfair AUS setting their own limits as a separate entity.

http://sp.betfair.com.au/faqs.html
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion