Laying greyhounds at SP?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Laying greyhounds at SP?

Postby Royville » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi all,

Not been on here in a while but I have a question for which I apologize in advance if it has been asked before. . .
Using BA for Betdaq with excel, I want to place a 'LAY @ SP' bet on the greyhounds? - I have tried 'LAYSP' but it doesn't seem to work.
Is this even possible? - If so could someone please enlighten me?

Thanks
Royville.
Royville

Re: Laying greyhounds at SP?

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 pm

Hi,

Not possible with BA for Betdaq as Betdaq don't offer SP betting.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Royville » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks for the swift response.

So is it possable to do what I'm after with BA for Betfair?

Thanks
Royville.
Royville

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:08 pm

Yes, on Betfair you can use LAY-SP to convert to SP if the bet is unmatched at the off on most Greyhound markets or LAYSP to place bets into the greyhound SP pool with liits on the price you're prepared to accept. The manual explains all the various options you have.

I did hear on the grapevine that Betdaq may well be offering SP on their markets soon, probably not on the greyhounds to start with but certainly a step in the right direction if they do start offering SP.
Captain Sensible

Postby Royville » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:24 pm

Ok, thats great.
Thank you for the info.

Kind regards
Royville
Royville

Postby Royville » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:23 pm

Good morning all,

So Ive now signed up and am using the betfair assistant on betfair but when my bets are placed with LAYSP, I get "CANNOT_ACCEPT_BET" placed in the Bet ref cell.
I'm just using small amounts at the moment (5p bets) until I know it all works alright as i believe you can do this with betfair ???

Can someone advise me please on what I'm doing wrong and how to get LAYSP working?

Thanks
Royville.
Royville

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:37 pm

The betfair SP has minimum stakes of £2 for backing and £10 liability(not payout) when laying.
Captain Sensible

Postby Royville » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:14 am

Hi Captain Sensible,
Thank you for your help, but I'm struggling to get my head around Laying at SP.
What would be the advantages of LAYSP?
Would I be better off sticking to laying at current odds?

Kind regards
Royville.
Royville

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 10, 2016 3:01 pm

You have the options of LAYSP or LAY-SP really depends on which suits whatever your trying to do best or if you want to set limits on the odds you'll take.

LAYSP puts the bets direct into the BSP pool and allows you to set limits on the odds you wish to take, i.e. don't want to lay more than 12 or back less than 5 etc.

LAY-SP puts the bets into the normal exchange market and if the bet is not matched at the off the bet will go into the BSP pool for matching, you can't set price limits with LAY-SP
Captain Sensible

Postby Royville » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Thank you for your perserverence Captian Sensible.

So normaly I would lay to a max of say 8 and using a stake of 50p to start with. This was on betdaq
and wasnt too sucsessful. Going on those figures my Liability would be

(8 x £0.5)-£0.5 = £3.50. - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I realise I will have to up my stake on betfair and this is where I'm confused. If the min Liability with LAYSP is £10 and I set max odds to 8 then is my stake calculated by betfair?

If I use LAY-SP do I still get to set my max odds and my own stake?

So sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm trying to understand it all, but I guess the old grey matter is loosing too many cells these days to cope with.

Kind regards
Royville.
Royville

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Royville wrote:So normaly I would lay to a max of say 8 and using a stake of 50p to start with. This was on betdaq
and wasnt too sucsessful. Going on those figures my Liability would be

(8 x £0.5)-£0.5 = £3.50. - Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes your iiability would be £3.50.

I realise I will have to up my stake on betfair and this is where I'm confused. If the min Liability with LAYSP is £10 and I set max odds to 8 then is my stake calculated by betfair?

Yep that's correct, your stake would be calculated by Betfair once the SP is returned, your liability would always be whatever you set. So a liability of £10 would give you a stake of £5@ 3's and £2.50 @ 5's etc

If I use LAY-SP do I still get to set my max odds and my own stake?

So sorry if these are dumb questions, I'm trying to understand it all, but I guess the old grey matter is loosing too many cells these days to cope with.

Kind regards
Royville.

You can't set max odds with LAY-SP , when you place your initial bet you're effectively setting your liability for the BSP pool. i.e. you lay £20 @ 5 you've put in a bet with a liability of £80 ( £20 x(5-1) ) . If your bet wasn't matched before the off at 5 then the £80 liability goes into the BSP pool, say it was matched at a BSP of 9 then your stake would be £10 to maintain that £80 liability ( £80/(9-1) ).

No such thing as a dumb question , only dumb thing woud be betting blind without knowing the rules.
Captain Sensible

Postby Royville » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Okay, - I think I'm understanding it a lot more now, - Thanks to you Captian Sebsible.
Your help has been very much appreciated.

Kind Regards
Royville.
Royville

Postby Royville » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:53 pm

Hi again,

Sorry to be a pest but I'd just like to ask one more question if I may.

When laying greyhounds at SP will the SP always be somewhere in-between the back and lay prices?
My reason for trying SP is in the hope to get the lowest laying odds possible.

Regards
Roy.
Royville

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:10 pm

The liquidity for Betfair SP on the dogs is usually weak so depending on bets in the pool, or more importantly bets converting to BSP at close, you can't accurately predict where it'll end. A lot depends on the size of your bets because the bigger they are the more they'll push the market away from you, as there may not be enough money in the queue to accomadate you.

Unless you're playing at minimum stakes I wouldn't bank on the Betfair SP being the lowest price, personnally I'll only use the BSP as a backup to ensure any trades will get closed at the off, it's just not scaleable enough for me to rely on prices I may get matched at.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion