betfair results timing

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

betfair results timing

Postby slochin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:18 am

Hello ,
Hoping I can receive some assistance with one of my projects please.
I am not sure how the results arrive in the sheet and how the -6 in Q2 speeds that up.
One of my projects requires betting for the day to cease when I am in profit,so that requires the results of the previous race to be recorded n my results sheet.
Now its early days yet but it appears that the supplying of the results is a bit inconsistent,as sometimes result not available and when I manually use -6 Q2 it updates.
My bets are placed automatically once selections are made at one minute before race start so there is usually a reasonable time before the next race although sometimes races in Aust can be programmed very close together. I suppose there is also the issue of protests,delays etc.
So what I am asking is there anyway to have the results updated automatically before my next race fro my quick pick list.
slochin

Re: betfair results timing

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:26 pm

As far as I know the results sheet only gets updated once you load a market, obviously if you want more refreshes you use -6 whilst still on that market.

There are ways you could reload the results before switching markets by having the quickpick list exported to a sheet in the workbook but it's probably unneccessary and would require you to have everything automated incuding switching market s with VBA instead of autoselect etc. Surely it'd be a lot easier and more sensible to just run your -6 routine before your bet placement routine. If that's formulas rather than VBA it's easy enough to add a flag within your code to show if the -6 routine has run or not and bet or not.
Captain Sensible

Postby slochin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:18 am

Hello Captain Sensible,
Thank you for response.
Do you think the result for the previous race that I have bet on can be made to appear before the placement of my next bet which would one minute before the start of that race?
I am not sure with the closeness of some races that the results for the previous race will come in time before the off of the next.
Does the use of -6 inQ2 make sure that the previous race results are shown before the off of the next race?
slochin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:45 am

slochin wrote:Hello Captain Sensible,
Thank you for response.
Do you think the result for the previous race that I have bet on can be made to appear before the placement of my next bet which would one minute before the start of that race?

If Betfair haven't settled that race there's nothing you can do about the result being in, if you set your sheet to autoselect a market at 1 minute before the off it will attempt to call up the race result when the market loads. It's then up to you what to do with the information you get returned, i.e. bet or not, easy enough to add a flag to your bet routine based on the info you get.

slochin wrote:I am not sure with the closeness of some races that the results for the previous race will come in time before the off of the next.
Does the use of -6 inQ2 make sure that the previous race results are shown before the off of the next race?

-6 will only request the info from Betfair , there's no guarentee the info will be available but Betfair do seem to settle markets quite quickly unless there's a stewards etc.

Personally I've never seen the point of these stopping at a winner systems, there's no logic in stopping your system if it's profitable. Stopping profitable system just mean you'll miss out on winners. Reset the stake after a certain time/profit by all means but the bread and butter of automated systems is the volume of races you can churn over.

From a botting point of view you'd only need the previous race result just before you place a bet so I'd just incorporate a race result routine to check in your betting routine.
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:45 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:
slochin wrote:
there's no logic in stopping your system if it's profitable. Stopping profitable system just mean you'll miss out on winners

I totally aggree with this
alrodopial

Postby slochin » Sat Apr 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Hello,
I also agree totally with that.
As a matter of interest does anyone think that it is possible to have a selection set up where the results are better each day early and as the day goes on the results deteriorate resulting in a loss for the day ?
Any way back to the topic.
I was trying to work out what would be best to put in my trigger to make the bot stop betting if the previous race has not had the results provided in my results sheet.
Is this the best solution?
My results sheet is named result.
,result!D2<>”RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE”,
slochin

Postby slochin » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:16 am

Hello,
wrong cell
,result!F2<>”RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE”,
slochin

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:32 pm

slochin wrote:As a matter of interest does anyone think that it is possible to have a selection set up where the results are better each day early and as the day goes on the results deteriorate resulting in a loss for the day ?

You need to remember the horse won't have a clue what time of day it is and there's no reason why later in the day shoud affect the jockey and even if it did it should affect all jockeys not just yours. So you need to look for more genuine reasons why your results may vary throughout the day and that'll generally be down the the actual race planning rather than times, i.e the crappier races like amateur, low class maidens ,bumpers etc are usually placed at the start or end of a meeting with the better prize money races ,and probably more reliable form, run in the middle of the meeting. If you want reasons why things are tailing off look at the make up of the races rather than when they're being run.

slochin wrote: Any way back to the topic.
I was trying to work out what would be best to put in my trigger to make the bot stop betting if the previous race has not had the results provided in my results sheet.
Is this the best solution?
,result!D2<>”RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE”,

I don't use the race result sheet but referencing the data is the way to go, I usually prefer to use postive matches just because that way you avoid rogue or unexpected data i.e.

result!D2=”RESULT_WON”

just use OR if their are more than one choice

OR(result!D2=”RESULT_WON”,result!D2=”RESULT_LOST”)
Captain Sensible

Postby slochin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:01 am

Hello,
Thankyou Captain Sensible,
I wonder if you can spot the problem with my formula Excel is ok with the <> RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE, but not when I try the OR for the two positive solutions.I imagine it is something to do with the or perhaps.
results with an s is the correct name for my results sheet.

=IF(AND(COUNT(T5:T60)=0,S5<>"",$AB$2<=0,OR(results!F2="RESULT_WON",results!F2="RESULT_LOST),R5<50,$AA$1="YES"),"BACK-SP","")
slochin

Postby slochin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:50 am

Hello,
Also I have been thinking at the start of the day's racing the results sheet will be blank so I will have to allow for that.
Should I add a resultsF2!="" to the equation if using won,lost as there will always be no entry until the first race is sent off .
slochin

Postby alrodopial » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:39 am

slochin wrote:
=IF(AND(COUNT(T5:T60)=0,S5<>"",$AB$2<=0,OR(results!F2="RESULT_WON",results!F2="RESULT_LOST),R5<50,$AA$1="YES"),"BACK-SP","")

double quotes missing after RESULT_LOST
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:21 am

I don't use the sheet so no idea what data it sends to the excel, I just guessed it'd be RESULT_WON and RESULT_LOST dunno if that's what it actually sends but if so alrodopial has put up the formula. Although to be hinest if you're letting blanks thru it might be best to stick with your first option of <>"result_not_available"
Captain Sensible

Postby slochin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 am

Hello,
Thankyou to alrodopial and Captain Sensible.
You are right with the sheet listing either RESULT_WON,RESULT_LOST or RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE.
When the sheet is set up at the start of the day the result sheet hasn't any data to work from so if I used the positive = RESULT_WON,RESULT_LOST the trigger will not start placing any bets.
I will give the <> RESULT_NOT_AVAILABLE a trial.
slochin

Return to Discussion