copy current selections to csv file

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

copy current selections to csv file

Postby slochin » Sun Apr 10, 2016 11:52 am

I have a query re the Excel sheet please.
I have my Gruss set up with Excel and it automatically shows when each race is loaded if any selections agree with my criteria., and places bets using my Dutchbook program.
Now there is another bot that has a staking plan that I would like to use and it is possible to upload selections every minute or so from a csv file to this bot.
I am wondering if it would be possible for me to have as my selections occur for each race in my Gruss spreadsheet to be copied and saved into a csv file on my desktop so that they could be checked by this bot and uploaded to be used with their staking plan.
slochin

Re: copy current selections to csv file

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:14 pm

Excel has no problem loading or saving csv files, they'll be plenty of examples of using vba on the net, You just set your range then save and overwrite to a file location.

The other quick and dirty way is just go to macros and set it to record your keystrokes to save and just use that macro in your routineby typing Call Macro_name in your vba. Recording macros then looking at them in the VBA editor is a very good way of learning how VBA works.
Captain Sensible

Postby slochin » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:10 am

Hello Captain Sensible,
Thank you for response. I think my main issue is to be able to save the selections from my Gruss Excel sheet as they appear after the criteria is met and in enough time before the start of the race to download these selections into a csv file on my desktop.
At the moment I have the time set to have my bets placed at one minute before the off and the selections appear in cells AB6 and AC6 for each race. Sometimes there will not be selections for the race.
What I do not know is whether it will be possible for some way for these selections as they appear to be taken from my Gruss Excel sheet AB6,AC6 and saved to a csv file on my desktop. This to be done continuously through out the day.
This other bot is able to check and upload csv files that are in the correct format at a time stipulated by the user,e.g. 1min or 30 secs .
So what I am aiming to do if possible is to copy my selections each time they occur through out the day from those cells AB6,AC6 before each race starts
then send this info down to a folder on my desktop so the the bot can continuously check that folder to upload my selections to be used with the particular staking plan.
slochin

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:56 am

Is there any reason why you need to use CSV files? BA can log to different worksheets within the same workbook, i.e. one system on Sheet1 one system on Sheet2. Or if that's a problem you can link data between spreadsheets just by typing something like =[football.xlsm]Sheet1!$AB$6 would put the data from cell AB6 from a spreadsheet called football.xlsm in the cell I typed the formula. Unless there's some other reason why you want to use csv files I'd use the above options as they're a lot less hassle.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion