Fill or kill (excel)

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Fill or kill (excel)

Postby Hill16 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:19 am

Hi everyone, hope you are all well. I'm using a spreadsheet to place bets when certain prices are hit in-running. I'd like to cancel unmatched bets after a few seconds - will the fill or kill option work or are the software options disabled when you are using excel? Thanks,

Wayne
Hill16

Re: Fill or kill (excel)

Postby Captain Sensible » Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Not too clear what you mean but the fill and kill options on the grid/ladder will still work manually even though you're connected to excel, if you want the fill options via the excel interface you'd need to code them into the excel trigger i.e. LAY-F2 to kill after 2 seconds, LAY-F0 to kill if not matched,, selecting fill and kill from the betting options won't add them to your excel bet as that is set entirely from the trigger you use.
Captain Sensible

Postby Hill16 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:49 am

Thanks Captain Sensible.

The bets are being placed via Excel, I'm not doing anything manually. From what you say then, it seems that the fill or kill would have to be added to the spreadsheet.

Is this hard to do? (I had someone make the spreadsheet for me as I'm not very good with coding - but he doesn't seem to post here anymore):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B52E1 ... 1hVOXhSeWM

The spreadsheet places back bets form me if and when horses hit certain lows in-running. But sometimes, the price moves too quick and the bet is unmatched. I'd like to cancel those unmatched bets after, say, 5 seconds. Thanks for the reply - I'm really a bit lost here when it comes to the excel sheets.

Wayne
Hill16

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:13 am

You just need to add "-F5" to the trigger to addfill/kill functions

I've amended that file so you can enter however many seconds fill kill you want between 0 and 600 and stuck it here. I haven't tested it so make sure it works as you expected before using it fully.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/deapg ... april.xlsx
Captain Sensible

Postby Hill16 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:48 am

Great -thanks a million for that. I'm off tomorrow so I'll give it a go when I can keep an eye on it. Much appreciated.

Wayne.
Hill16

Postby Hill16 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:18 pm

Hi Captain sensible - is that in box Y1?

I've put in 5 there for five seconds but it didn't seem to work. Just wanted to be sure Y1 is the right cell thanks.
Hill16

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes Y1 is the cell, just had another look and noticed the formula could resolve to two BACK triggers and I'd only done the first one, I've corrected it and put a copy here, give it another test and see if it now works. AllI've amended is the trigger cell to show BACK-F5 rather than BACK so you get fill/kill options.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/er72v ... april.xlsx
Captain Sensible

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Ooops that file was saved with calculation set to manual rather than automatic so maybe thats why the other didn't work for you also. Here's what should hopefully be a working copy :)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/c563h ... april.xlsx
Captain Sensible

Postby Hill16 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:05 am

I tried that on a few races yesterday and it seemed to work - fantastic. Thanks a million - will give it another go today. Wayne,
Hill16

Return to Discussion