profiles

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

profiles

Postby slochin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:26 am

Hello,
I am looking at running more than one instance of BA.I am aware that if you intend running BA using different accounts then an extra subscription is required.
I will be at this stage only using the one account and after reading the description re profiles I am not clear about how they are created.
At the moment I have one set up running combined with my Excel sheet and I see when I go to log on it is showing Default.
I would appreciate some help re how I set that up as a profile with a different name.
Then how do we go about setting up another profile which also has Excel combined with it.
I can see where you add profiles in the options area ,but it was not clear to me as to do you open the second instance ,the only way to do this seems to be using the default to log in and then add the new profile?
slochin

Re: profiles

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:26 pm

Hi,

Run a new instance of Betting Assistant and if there is no spare profile, i.e. you are already using the default one, then you will be prompted to create a new profile which can be named anything you like.
Once the new profile has been created you can then choose it from the dropdown on the Login screen.
You can log in using the same Betfair Username multiple times to use the different profiles.
The profiles allow the multiple instances to run on the same computer without interfering with each other, and store their own settings, i.e. the first time you log in with a new profile it will have Betting Assistant default settings.
You might just want to use the profiles feature to have different settings depending on what you are doing on that day.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby slochin » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:42 am

Hello Mark,
Thanks for response. I must be doing something wrong.
I have my usual BA opened,this is stated as default and there is no other profiles listed.
Now when I start a new instance of BA at the log in page it is not showing the option to log in with default but there is nothing in the profile box and I am not being prompted to create new profile.
When I log in it loads the quick pick races and shows 'profile' near where the current sub is.
So I am still not sure what to do to create a second separate BA to run my different set up.
slochin

Postby KESIMKESIM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:53 am

Hi Mark,

I'm just experimenting with using a seperate profile and a 2nd instance of Betting Assistant but have hit a small problem straight away.

In my first instance of BA i use the code:-

If ba Is Nothing Then
Set ba = New BettingAssistantCom.ComClass
ba.keepbettype = 0
End If

but how do I refer to the 2nd instance of ba when using COM? I presume I have to set up a 2nd COM link when using the 2nd instance.

Many thanks for your help.
KESIMKESIM

Postby KESIMKESIM » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:02 am

Slochin,

I created the reference to the 2nd profile in the first instance of Betting Assistant, by going to Options and then Profiles and then 'Add Profile'. Then when you open a 2nd instance of BA it will appear in the drop down menu at the Login page.

This worked for me, I guess you have to first create a 2nd profile before you can actually see it and use it in the 2nd instance.

Regards,

KESIMKESIM
KESIMKESIM

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:08 am

Hi,

Sounds like you may have already created a second profile but with a blank name.
When you open the second instance is the Profile dropdown box blank?

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby GRUSSZOOM » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:30 am

Hi Mark Russell,
I'm having big problems with passwords and logging in. I used to be logged in automatically (which I preferred) but when that somehow got lost and each time then I have to log in which only works at random. I've tried to change my password to something meaningful but the thing just flicks off and won't accept. I'm writing here because I can not be sure that I will be able to use other means so I'm striiking while the iron is hot. I really just want to be logged in all the time so I don't have to find passwords etc every time. kind regards, zoom
GRUSSZOOM

Postby slochin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:44 am

Hello Mark, Sorry this is becoming a bit confusing.Was your reply in relation to my query.
Hi,

Sounds like you may have already created a second profile but with a blank name.
When you open the second instance is the Profile dropdown box blank?

Regards,
If so when I enter my usual pw and log in the profile box when dropped down is blank and is filled colour blue.If it is ok to log in with that blank do I add a profile name and will that relate to that particular blank profile instance?
Also do I have to copy the BA folder to create a second instance or can it be done from the one that I down loaded?
slochin

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:48 am

Here's a pic of my profiles, as you can see one is blank because I forgot to add a name, I can select that and it'll load those profile settings,

Untitled.jpg

If you select the profile section (Options->profiles) of the program you'll see all your current profiles, as you can see one of mine is blank. If you now want to name that you'd need to log on with the blank profile in the profile box that will load all those profile settings ,then go to profiles click add new profile and give it a name. Close the program and relog on and select that profile at login, if you're happy all is fine you can go back to profiles and delete the blank duplicate.

Untitled1.jpg

The only reason you'd want to copy BA folders is when you're transferring the profiles from one PC to say a new PC, so no need if you're just adding a new profile.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:08 pm

slochin wrote:Hello Mark, Sorry this is becoming a bit confusing.Was your reply in relation to my query.

Hi,

Exactly what Captain Sensible has said.
It is possible to end up with a Profile that has a blank name but you can delete it from within Betting Assistant by selecting the blank profile in the list and pressing the "delete profile" button.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby slochin » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello Captain Sensible and Mark,
Thankyou for your support.I have one instance running at the moment and when I look in profiles there is no names there.
I suppose that is because the one I am using is under the default log in.
So if I open up the profiles while I have this one open and add a name then close and reopen the program with that name this one I am working on will have had its its profiles saved under that name?
If that is correct then would I when starting a second instance log in with say the default and organise my settings and while open add a profile name for second one.
A further query if I ma using Ba on two separate computers at the one time should I use different log in profiles?
slochin

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:54 pm

slochin wrote:Hello Captain Sensible and Mark,
Thankyou for your support.I have one instance running at the moment and when I look in profiles there is no names there.
I suppose that is because the one I am using is under the default log in.
So if I open up the profiles while I have this one open and add a name then close and reopen the program with that name this one I am working on will have had its its profiles saved under that name?
If that is correct then would I when starting a second instance log in with say the default and organise my settings and while open add a profile name for second one.
A further query if I ma using Ba on two separate computers at the one time should I use different log in profiles?

Hi,

On the first instance the software will automatically select the 'default' profile unless you specifically select a different one from the dropdown box assuming you have previously created one.
On the next instance it will look for a spare profile to use.
You will only ever be prompted to create a profile if there are no spare profiles available.
If you are using separate computers there is no need to use other profiles.
You can just use the default profile on each computer.
The whole purpose of the profile feature is to allow multiple instances of the software to run on the same computer without interfering with each other, i.e. each instance has its own set of preferences saved under the profile being used.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby KESIMKESIM » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:08 am

Hi Mark,

have you got some guidance for me on the query I raised ( see thread)

"I'm just experimenting with using a seperate profile and a 2nd instance of Betting Assistant but have hit a small problem straight away.

If ba Is Nothing Then
ba.keepbettype = 0
End If

but how do I refer to the 2nd instance of ba when using COM? I presume I have to set up a 2nd COM link when using the 2nd instance"

KESIMKESIM

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:34 pm

KESIMKESIM wrote:Hi Mark,

have you got some guidance for me on the query I raised ( see thread)

"I'm just experimenting with using a seperate profile and a 2nd instance of Betting Assistant but have hit a small problem straight away.

If ba Is Nothing Then
ba.keepbettype = 0
End If

but how do I refer to the 2nd instance of ba when using COM? I presume I have to set up a 2nd COM link when using the 2nd instance"

Hi,

Sorry you can't use COM from more than one instance.
You can control multiple markets from a single instance of Betting Assistant using COM so that would be the way to go.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby yantz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:42 am

MarkRussell wrote:
Hi,

Sorry you can't use COM from more than one instance.
You can control multiple markets from a single instance of Betting Assistant using COM so that would be the way to go.

Regards,
Mark

Hi Mark! Sorry for bringing up this old thread. How do I reference the different markets using com? Thx!

yantz
yantz

Next

Return to Discussion