Exchange Starting Price ‘XSP’

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: Exchange Starting Price ‘XSP’

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu May 19, 2016 2:13 pm

Any chance of having the xsp displayed once it's been reconciled?
Captain Sensible

Postby ddaann » Thu May 19, 2016 2:26 pm

Work OK now
ddaann

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Captain Sensible wrote:Any chance of having the xsp displayed once it's been reconciled?

It's not mentioned in the documentation so don't think it's possible. I'll ask Betdaq.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Wyndon » Thu May 19, 2016 3:17 pm

I've set set preferences so that I want XSP taken if not matched before off - but when a bet is triggered the Take SP box is not ticked on the Betdaq betslip. Do I need to do anything else?
Wyndon

Postby MarkRussell » Thu May 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Wyndon wrote:I've set set preferences so that I want XSP taken if not matched before off - but when a bet is triggered the Take SP box is not ticked on the Betdaq betslip. Do I need to do anything else?

Hi,

Triggered from Excel do you mean?
You need to use BACK-SP or LAY-SP, is that what you are doing?
If you are just ticking the option "SP in Play" in Betting Options then that has no effect on bets triggered from Excel.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Wyndon » Thu May 19, 2016 4:10 pm

Thanks. That must be it. I'll give it a go.
Wyndon

Postby StuT » Wed May 25, 2016 10:50 am

On reading the Betdaq FAQ's on XSP what does this mean:

How much can I bet at XSP?

The amount that you can stake at XSP is ultimately determined by the volume of XSP backers and layers in the market however to ensure that customers can use XSP with confidence Betdaq will guarantee XSP liquidity to certain amounts at our discretion.
UK Racing win markets - Layers liability of £3000 per market (or currency equivalent)
Irish Racing win markets - Layers liability of £1500 per market (or currency equivalent)

Does this mean that a layer can have up to £3000 as a liability across the complete market on a UK race for a guaranteed XSP match?

So if someone layed the field for £3000 liability they would be okay?

Thanks.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Yep, looks like they'll guarantee your exposure to £3000 per market, I'd imagine you end up with an overbroke book though if you laid the field to those amounts as they haven't released details of their matching algorithm. They dont even show the XSP thru the API so logging any data is pretty much a non starter for now as the files they provide are in the worse format they could manage.
Captain Sensible

Postby bolpx001 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:40 pm

Does this mean that a layer can have up to £3000 as a liability across the complete market on a UK race for a guaranteed XSP match?

Does Betfair do something similar? - Paul
bolpx001

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri May 27, 2016 6:17 pm

Betfair don't do any guarantees they let the market forces fix the price as there's a lot better liquidity so you don't get too many out of line BSP's. Betdaq's liquidity is a lot less so if they let market forces dictate prices they could be all over the place, they're basically taking the liability on board themselves to ensure some kind of stability to the prices whilst it's getting established which personally I think is a good thing as it'll give more people the confidence to use it..
Captain Sensible

Postby bolpx001 » Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm

Seems very fair, It would be nice if Betfair offered something similar as I am sure many people like me have concerns about liquidity when betting BSP. - Paul
bolpx001

Postby siony1974 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:30 pm

So is the trigger from Excel for Betdaq XSP

BACK-SP or BACKSP same as Betfair?

One other thing, does it return the XSP odds when the sheet updates if I'm logging the results to a sheet?
I need the odds so my staking plan knows what profit to log if a win and work out what the next stake should be.
I've never used BSP or XSP for my betting thus far but it suits one particular strategy I want to get going.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated as always.
siony1974

Previous

Return to Discussion