Exchange Starting Price ‘XSP’

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Exchange Starting Price ‘XSP’

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 11, 2016 12:08 am

Will the Betdaq version be updated to include the new Betdaq SP product?

Would also be good if the Betfair version could also be updated so the BSP for the dogs is displayed correctly as the new API has been around for a while now.
Captain Sensible

Re: Exchange Starting Price ‘XSP’

Postby StuT » Wed May 11, 2016 9:19 am

Hi CS,

Some questions for you if you don't mind.

What is XSP?
What is the Betdaq SP product?

Also, what do you mean by updating the Betfair version so the BSP for the dogs is displayed correctly. Is it displayed incorrectly at the moment?

If you could answer it would be much appreciated as I use the BSP in dogs a lot.
Thanks.
StuT

Postby Deestar » Wed May 11, 2016 10:01 am

Betdaq launching an SP product on all Horse racing today. "XSP" Hopefully the Gruss Betdag product will be updated to accommodated. Also hope it will be good news for their liquidity.

I think CS is talking about the fact that the SP price doesn't display on dog markets when the market closes.
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Wed May 11, 2016 10:20 am

I will release an update for SP by next week.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 11, 2016 12:49 pm

StuT, like Deestar said the XSP is just Betdaq's new eXchange Starting Price due to launch today. The dogs SP works fine just doesn't show the returned SP when the market closes, been like that since the changes with the new API. I guess the reason is because the market doesn't go in play Gruss isn't coded to take that into account for some markets.
Captain Sensible

Postby StuT » Wed May 11, 2016 1:02 pm

Thanks CS.

Slightly off topic, to download and use Gruss Betdaq is a separate subscription required to my Gruss Betfair one?
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 11, 2016 1:27 pm

No it's free to use, think Betdaq give funding to the writers probably based on some kind of commission and retainer basis.

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/page/89 ... istant.htm
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Thu May 12, 2016 10:32 am

For those who like such things, the Betdaq SP results will be available to download from here:
http://www.betdaqtips.com/betting-tips/xsp/
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Thu May 12, 2016 11:59 am

Thanks for posting I was hoping they'd start [providing data files like betfair do
Captain Sensible

Postby Deestar » Tue May 17, 2016 7:59 am

Gary

Any update on when the Betdaq version with XSP will be released?

Thanks
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 19, 2016 9:50 am

Sorry there were a few unrelated issues which delayed release. Version 2.0.1.8 has been released today. It should auto update next time you open the application.

1. “SP In Play” option now available on UK and IRE horse racing win markets. If the bet is unmatched when the market is turned in play then it will be matched at Betdaq’s new XSP.

2. Added “Allow unmatched SP portion to match in play” option to general preferences. If this is selected then any unmatched portion of the bet matched at XSP will be available to be matched in play otherwise it will be cancelled.

3. Added “Wait for match processing on bet placement” to general preferences. If not selected then the API call will not wait for Betdaq to attempt to match the bet, it will just receive a bet reference. Only bets placed by this method can subsequently have their persistence changed to match at SP in play. Also if SP in play is selected at time of bet placement then this method will automatically be used as the other method is not supported by the API. The main impact of this option will affect Excel triggered betting where if the bet is matched immediately then the amount matched column will not be populated immediately after placement, but on the following refresh.

Here is Betdaq's XSP FAQ
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Thu May 19, 2016 11:55 am

Thanks Gary.

I assume Excel Triggers for SP will be the same as BF i.e BET-SP/LAY-SP.

I may be a bit slow this morning but still trying to get my head around what difference Point 3 makes if checked/unchecked? Is this right:
Unchecked; Immediate bet reference into excel trigger sheet on placement but no ability to change persistence
Checked; Slower bet reference into excel trigger sheet but ability to change persistence
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Thu May 19, 2016 12:19 pm

Unchecked; Immediate bet reference into excel trigger sheet on placement but no ability to change persistence

Immediate ref, but not immediate matched amount and odds until next refresh. The persistence can be changed.

Checked; Slower bet reference into excel trigger sheet but ability to change persistence

Only slower in that it waits for Betdaq's matching process which is only a matter of milliseconds. The persistence cannot be changed.

If BACK-SP or LAY-SP is used then it's always the same as if the option is unchecked because the API does not support the request that waits for the matching process.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby ddaann » Thu May 19, 2016 1:55 pm

Getting API error message when I tried to log in.
ddaann

Postby Deestar » Thu May 19, 2016 2:12 pm

Thanks Gary.

Working all ok for me.
Deestar

Next

Return to Discussion