Missing Amount matched information?

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Missing Amount matched information?

Postby Toma » Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 pm

Screenshot 2016-05-21 13.35.46.png
Screenshot 2016-05-21 13.35.46.png (150.47 KiB) Viewed 21816 times
Guys,

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this.

I run two versions of Gruss on different Betfair accounts (different machines) and while one is fine no problems at all one has developed a problem.

The first thing I noticed is that since I started using the second account my Gruss status at the top of the screen has always said "(not registered, trial period ends xx days) " - despite me running this account for at least 3 years on Gruss?

While I can live with that, what I do use is the amount matched on a selection and recently that has just been showing £0, I also have a flickering display in the grid format?

See uploaded image - any help would very much be appreciated.
Toma

Re: Missing Amount matched information?

Postby Daywalker » Sat May 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?
Daywalker

Postby Toma » Sat May 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi Daywalker,

I have tried that and still no success.

The strange thing is I can run my other account on the same gruss instance no problem.

It just seems to effect this one account?
Toma

Postby MarkRussell » Sun May 22, 2016 8:53 am

While I can live with that, what I do use is the amount matched on a selection and recently that has just been showing £0, I also have a flickering display in the grid format?

Hi,

This is indicative of a restricted Betfair account, i.e. Betfair have put a restriction on your API access using that particular account.
You should contact the API team at Betfair and ask them about this account.
Their email is bdp@betfair.com

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Toma » Wed May 25, 2016 1:04 pm

Very interesting Mark, and I can see why that could be the reason.

I will contact them today and let you know the outcome.

Much appreciated

Alan
Toma

Postby bolpx001 » Fri May 27, 2016 4:34 pm

Very interesting, I have a restricted betfair sports account but why would an exchange account be restricted? I can live with ordinary bookmakers account being restricted to the level of un-usability (I have three) but it would be disastrous for my exchange account to be restricted - Paul
bolpx001

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri May 27, 2016 6:22 pm

It's usually only where there are multiple accounts that they restrict access on one or more of the accounts. Sometimes it's reglatory stuff like where the Aus authorities only allow you to have one AUS wallet or sometimes where people are using accounts to gather large amounts of data but rarely bet with the account. They're usually upfront with you if you ask why an account has been restricted and will advise if there's any changes you need to make to lift those restrictions
Captain Sensible

Postby alrodopial » Fri May 27, 2016 10:02 pm

what "upfront with you if you ask why" means ?
simple English please
alrodopial

Postby Captain Sensible » Sat May 28, 2016 12:48 am

Means they'll give you an honest answer to why they've restricted you, they won't make up some excuse just to get rid of you.
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion