3G Data Cards - Might need Gary's help with this.

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

3G Data Cards - Might need Gary's help with this.

Postby one cool dog » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:05 pm

Hi

I am still trying to find a way of using gruss at my work. My latest idea is to get a 3G Data Card, which seems feasible. However, before I go any further, what amounts of data am I going to be downloading per day? Even an average would be handy to know?

These are my options -

Package A

HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard
Low Data Usage (Business Users Only - subject to a credit check)

Please note: It is comparatively easy to exceed 250MB using the new high speed Data Card. If you are in any way unsure as to your likely usage level, we strongly recommend that you choose Package B

Order Now! FREE Vodafone HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard
FREE Vodafone HSDPA/3G Broadband SIM Card
FREE HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard Network Connection
FREE HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard Software & Installation
FREE secure overnight delivery (ends 31/03/07)

Order before 2pm - delivered free by midday tomorrow

Monthly Line Rental: £20 (exc.VAT- Tariff upgraded at anytime)
Standard Contract: Just 12 months - can be upgraded at anytime
Monthly Data Allowance: Includes 250MB of data, with extra usage charged at only £1 per MB.

Plus:
Unlimited email and freephone support

System requirements Learn more!

To order your free Vodafone 3G Data Card or modem, including free next day delivery, please complete this simple online form or call us on freephone 0800 123000

Package B

HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard
High Data Usage

Order Now! FREE Vodafone HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard
FREE Vodafone HSDPA/3G Broadband SIM Card
FREE HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard Network Connection
FREE HSDPA/3G Broadband DataCard Software & Installation
FREE secure overnight delivery (ends 31/03/07)

Order before 2pm - delivered free by midday tomorrow

Monthly Line Rental: £35 (exc.VAT - Tariff upgraded at anytime)
Standard Contract: Just 12 months
Monthly Data Allowance: Unlimited data usage within the UK**.

Plus:
Unlimited email and freephone support

System requirements Learn more!

To order your free Vodafone 3G Data Card or modem, including free next day delivery, please complete this simple online form or call us on freephone 0800 123000

Hope my question makes sense.

Regards
one cool dog

Postby josie.miller1 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:14 am

Have you tried logmein yet ? doesn't need anything installing on the work PC as long as it has java installed. You'll soon go over 250mb per month using a quick refresh rate I'd imagine
josie.miller1

Postby one cool dog » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:33 pm

I am not allowed LogMeIn unfortunately.

Anyone know how we find out how many MBs are used?
one cool dog

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:16 pm

I've had some experience with this, one cool dog.

If you are going to use the API version than you need to go for the unlimited download package. I used to use the non-API version using an Orange 3G card on a tariff something like package A (can't remember the exact download limit). Using that version I never got near the download limit. When the API version first came out I switched to using that. Unfortuantely I was unaware that the API version was downloading many times more data than the non-API. At the end of the first month, doing nothing more than I had done previously, I had exceeded the download limit to the tune of nearly £1000 in phone charges. There is fair usage clause, even on the unlimited version, which you clould hit if you used BA every day for three or four hours.

Also you wouldn't be able to use a refresh rate much quicker than 5 seconds as you will get freezes if you try any faster.

Have a look at T-mobile as well, they seem to to do a reasonable unlimited package.
Ian

Postby Ian M » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:05 pm

One Cool Dog, I would suggest you think about the way you are using BE. I had the same problem then realised I could fully automate my strategy using a spare old PC at home. I have my betting strategy program in Excel, set up the quick pick list and auto select before going to work and then just leave it to run. If you want to check how it is going during the day I have downloaded Betfair mobile to my phone. I've now got to the stage where I automate the refresh of the market each morning (using gmouse to record and run the mouse actions). So I can leave BE running for several days without any interaction. They guys definitely deserve a subscription fee.
Marshy
Ian M

Return to Discussion