Hardly any greyhound cards today

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Hardly any greyhound cards today

Postby crocogotter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:30 am

Not sure if this is a problem my end (trying a new spreadsheet today), but there are just a handful of markets for greyhound racing today, first one being the 12.42 at Perry Barr.

Anyone else having any problems?
crocogotter

Re: Hardly any greyhound cards today

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:28 pm

I had a bot running overnight with no problems, first race it played was the 11.02? Nottingham. It's usually just the AUS greyhound markets I have problems where they don't get picked up and I'll miss a day.
Captain Sensible

Postby crocogotter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Thanks for the reply.

So it would seem the problem is solely my end, but even when I try a manual refresh of the Market tree on the left, or by adding using the Market tab at the top, I still can't get a full programme of races. Some Crayford races have added this afternoon by doing things manually (initially it went straight from the 13.44 at Perry Barr to an evening race), but I still have an incomplete set of races.

I just tried a manual refresh and now have no horse or greyhound races at all, just Soccer.

I'm running ver 1.3.0.37a.

Any thoughts anyone?
crocogotter

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:22 pm

What are you actually trying to do? Populate the quick pick menu or just the markets menu with the latest races? Is it the first tab etc
Captain Sensible

Postby crocogotter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:37 pm

Ideally I'd like all the greyhound races in the quick pick list as they usually are, but, as there were so few I started looking at the market tree on the left and things weren't right there either. Refreshing the market tree is having inconsistent results, it did go down to just soccer but a lot more sports are there now, but still not all the greyhound races. When I try to add to the quick pick list, it seems to only add what is shown in the market tree, so that's not achieving the desired result.

I've got 3 tabs open and it's the same for all of them.
crocogotter

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:03 pm

So you're just adding the markets manually not using the specials Q2 triggers or options from the logging multiple excel sheets link. Does you market list have all sports listed or have you whittled it down to just the markets you play on?
Captain Sensible

Postby crocogotter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:17 pm

I usually have a BA and a spreadsheet open and running 24/7, but I've had to make some major changes and today is the first day I've run it for a while. Usually the spreadsheet triggers the Quick Pick List every morning ahead of racing. Having noticed this, I've been trying to get things updated manually, but it should happen automatically (and did today, but with a vastly reduced number of races).

Usually I have the full market tree on the left hand side; never having had any issues, and never really using it, I've just let it be. However, I have just removed nearly all sports from the favourites list, and, lo and behold, a refresh produced a full greyhound card.

Many thanks for putting me on the right lines for a fix, although still strikes me as odd why it was happening in the first place.
crocogotter

Postby Captain Sensible » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:08 pm

Refreshing the menus can be hit and miss with the API these days so I guess the less data you request the more chance you have getting it. Not sure how BA handles the market requests but I did see there was a limit of 1000 results using listMarketCatalogue and as you can imagine there's more than that on the whole of betfair. Been a long time since I've done any coding with the API though so no idea if the limits are still there.
Captain Sensible

Postby crocogotter » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:43 pm

I did notice that the markets were taking a long time to try to load after each refresh, hopefully BA will remember my favourites and will manage to load those with no problems in future.

Thanks again for your help.
crocogotter

Return to Discussion