API and non API. What does it all mean!

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

API and non API. What does it all mean!

Postby tjpoulos » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:05 pm

What is all this talk about API and non API? Can someone explain please. Are these two different versions of BA and why would anyone use the non API over the API. I don't know if that makes sense cause I don't know what it all means!! Anyone?!
tjpoulos

Postby GeorgeUK » Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:41 pm

API version - uses the Betfair API. Somtimes there are a few bugs in the Betfair system that users woud rather avoid .

Non API - this is the original screenscraping version. Any time the website gets updated, this needs updated to ensure that the correct tables are being looked at. These updates to the website should not affect the api version.
previously known as Gaseous (on the betfair forum)
GeorgeUK

Postby tjpoulos » Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:55 am

Thanks. How do I know which one I am using. On the downloads page there is only one option and it doesn't specify which one it it?
tjpoulos

Postby aprilhg » Thu Apr 19, 2007 9:11 pm

GeorgeUK wrote:API version - uses the Betfair API. Somtimes there are a few bugs in the Betfair system that users woud rather avoid .

Non API - this is the original screenscraping version. Any time the website gets updated, this needs updated to ensure that the correct tables are being looked at. These updates to the website should not affect the api version.
aprilhg

Postby Mitch » Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:01 am

It is probably the API version. If it is it will say version 0.99z37
Mitch

Return to Discussion