Monitor the Win market but back the Place market

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Monitor the Win market but back the Place market

Postby surround » Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:52 am

At the moment I monitor the Win market with excel and bet for the win according to price movements.
Is it possible to have excel do the above but place bets in the place market with triggered betting?
surround

Re: Monitor the Win market but back the Place market

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 am

YOu can either use the COM if you're proficient with VBA or simply have the win and place markets open in separate tabs but both linking to the same excel sheet.
Captain Sensible

Postby surround » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:44 am

Thanks Captain.
I have opened up another tab in BA and can't see how I get it to show the place side of things.
But what cells would need changing to ensure the place market gets logged to the sheet I'm using now or another sheet in my workbook?
Or could I just change the trigger from "BACK" to something else for Place Betting.
I've looked everywhere including other forums and nobody seems to talk about place betting.
surround

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:29 pm

surround wrote:Thanks Captain.
I have opened up another tab in BA and can't see how I get it to show the place side of things.
But what cells would need changing to ensure the place market gets logged to the sheet I'm using now or another sheet in my workbook?
Or could I just change the trigger from "BACK" to something else for Place Betting.
I've looked everywhere including other forums and nobody seems to talk about place betting.

If you've opened another tab you can simply add the place market to that tab from the quickpick list, log it to sheet2 and the win market to sheet1.

A lot depends on if you're betting manually or leaving excel to bet fully auto as to what's your best bet. You can display both the win and place marets in the same tab in you want but I don't think it's allow you to do that fully auto.

On the first tab if you right click the market in the quick pick list it brings up a different menu, go to related markets at the bottom and add the place market to that tab. I'm sure there used to be an option to display the place market and win marets together but maybe it's been removed as not many bother with the place stuff.
Captain Sensible

Postby surround » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:52 pm

Thank you Captain.
I now have the place markets and the win markets in separate tabs in BA.
And I'm now logging to both worksheets.
I should be right from here I think to sort myself out - hopefully.
Will be away for a day or so and won't get to it for a little while but thanks again.
surround

Postby surround » Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:53 pm

By the way - is it "BACK" for the trigger when place betting or something else?
surround

Postby Captain Sensible » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Yep the triggers are all the same for the win or place markets.

Only things to check if you're going auto are things like the markets match and you're betting on the correct runners, the order of runners won't neccessarily be in the same order for the win and place markets so use things like vlookup etc.

Here's the video gruss did about win/place markets

http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/videos/win_place.html
Captain Sensible

Postby surround » Fri Aug 05, 2016 1:34 pm

Thanks for all your help. Most useful.
surround

Return to Discussion