No more Australian wallet from 20th Sep

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

No more Australian wallet from 20th Sep

Postby Castillo » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Hi All

On Tues 20th September Betfair will be removing the separate Australian wallet on the Exchange, so that all customers will only have one, main wallet.

https://betting.betfair.com/betfair-ann ... 916-6.html

Gary, Mark would this cause problems using Betting Assistant?

Regards
Castillo
Castillo

Re: No more Australian wallet from 20th Sep

Postby Deestar » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

More details and discussion here:

http://forum.bdp.betfair.com/showthread.php?t=3246

Gary/Mark can you provide advice re Gruss?

Thanks
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:55 pm

Should not cause any issues. If there is anything unforeseen it will likely be a quick fix. The Australian markets will be no different to global markets. You just won't need to bother with separate wallets so we will remove this feature.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby StuT » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:28 pm

Tonight if I keep a balance in my AUS wallet and load AUS Horses into my Quick Pick List for the AUS racing (20th Sept) will processing continue as normal and then move my money to the UK wallet?

What is everyone else doing who will be betting on AUS racing tonight?
StuT

Postby Castillo » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:45 pm

StuT wrote:What is everyone else doing who will be betting on AUS racing tonight?

Hi StuT

As a precaution today I've moved all of my AUS funds to my main wallet and will not bother with the races (Tues AM), there are AUS markets only available to 7am which coincides with a recent post from the URL Deestar posted. It reads.....

The retirement of the AUS Exchange Endpoint is scheduled to begin at 0700 BST on the 20th September as planned.

Please be aware of the following:

• Until 7am the markets will be available as they exist currently on the AUS exchange.
• From 7am-noon there will be no AUS markets available while we start the migration. New AUS markets on the Global Exchange will be activated at around noon.

Cheers
Castillo
Castillo

Postby StuT » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Cheers Castillo, I might do the same.

I used to start each month with the same balance in UK and AUS wallets so I could track the progress on each during the month.
Guess I won't be able to do that anymore, nevermind :(
StuT

Postby Deestar » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:49 pm

Likewise, will be sitting tonight's Aus markets out and have transferred all my balance into the main wallet. Not sure I trust BF to make the transfer correctly without some error along the way. My trading is all automated but will be up and watching Wednesday night in the UK just in case. Will be interesting to see how the flow of money in the markets changes, if at all.
Deestar

Postby StuT » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:29 pm

I've got another question on this:

After the change, when we look on Betfair at the 'Profit and Loss' screen, will we see only the Main Wallet transactions which will contain both UK and AUS transactions ?????
If so that means when it's downloaded to spreadsheet some code will be required to split out the UK and AUS markets.
StuT

Postby Deestar » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:03 pm

Yes, but the AUS markets are currently identified as (AUS) in the P+L when you download to spreadsheet. Same as RSA (RSA) markets or US (US) markets so should be easy enough to filter.
Deestar

Postby StuT » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Excellent, thanks Deestar.
StuT

Postby Captain Sensible » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:04 pm

I'm shutting down my bots for the night as some need recoding as they use the AUS api as well as some of the webste features, should be relatively simple but with Betfair nothing ever is. Betfair's complete switch off of the AUS server and only putting the new markets up tomorrow gives me no room for error so I need to actually see how this switchover actually works. I've been their guinea pig in the past and it usually costs so I'll let others trial the switchover as one day missed isn't going to kill me and may save me a few quid.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:01 am

Hi,

Betfair have said that the migration of the AUS markets is taking place between 7am and 12pm, so no AUS markets will be available during the migration.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:59 am

All seems to be working as normal for me which is good. Liquidity seems to have held up as well.
Speeds from the UK are now the same as they would be accessing UK markets.
Deestar

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Yep everything went smooth for me last night too, didn't seem to be any drop in profits and speeds are good so shuld hopefully solve any issues I used to have when they were on the crappy AUS servers that seems to die on a regular basis and had awful response times. Tie for the AUS players to have the delays in data now :0
Captain Sensible

Return to Discussion