API NG

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: API NG

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:08 pm

Thanks understood.
Deestar

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:30 pm

Deestar wrote:As an aside, does anyone having any good links explaining the main advantages/disadvantages of using streaming?

Hi,

Another big benefit of using data streaming is if you have multiple markets open.
It is far more efficient as the stream only sends prices that have changed as opposed to having to request all prices at fixed intervals.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby eclipse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:45 pm

Thanks Mark and Gary, best been having a look at it, looks great. Just a quick question if I may. I only need full streaming when the market goes in-play, otherwise a slow refresh is fine as I have 3 tabs linked to excel pages. So do I just use the excel trigger ALL-STREAM-ON as the market goes in-play and then use ALL-STREAM-OFF when the race finishes? I use Q2 to set my refresh rate and -1 to scroll thru the markets as a race finishes.
Many thanks guys.
eclipse

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:12 pm

eclipse wrote:Thanks Mark and Gary, best been having a look at it, looks great. Just a quick question if I may. I only need full streaming when the market goes in-play, otherwise a slow refresh is fine as I have 3 tabs linked to excel pages. So do I just use the excel trigger ALL-STREAM-ON as the market goes in-play and then use ALL-STREAM-OFF when the race finishes? I use Q2 to set my refresh rate and -1 to scroll thru the markets as a race finishes.
Many thanks guys.

When you say "full streaming" do you mean equivalent of ticking "Full stream" in betting options and therefore it refreshes every time new prices are streamed? If so I think I need to provide a new trigger.

FULL-STREAM-ON enables both price and order streaming.
FULL-STREAM-OFF disables both price and order streaming. ie. goes back to polling every refresh
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby eclipse » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:26 pm

GaryRussell wrote:
eclipse wrote:Thanks Mark and Gary, best been having a look at it, looks great. Just a quick question if I may. I only need full streaming when the market goes in-play, otherwise a slow refresh is fine as I have 3 tabs linked to excel pages. So do I just use the excel trigger ALL-STREAM-ON as the market goes in-play and then use ALL-STREAM-OFF when the race finishes? I use Q2 to set my refresh rate and -1 to scroll thru the markets as a race finishes.
Many thanks guys.

When you say "full streaming" do you mean equivalent of ticking "Full stream" in betting options and therefore it refreshes every time new prices are streamed? If so I think I need to provide a new trigger.

FULL-STREAM-ON enables both price and order streaming.
FULL-STREAM-OFF disables both price and order streaming. ie. goes back to polling every refresh

Yes that's it Gary, wasn't sure if putting ALL-STREAM-ON in Q2 would mess up my page rotation and refresh rates. With 5 pages open all on Full Stream continuously the CPU usage max's out.
eclipse

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi,
I have a similar challenge here. I only need to have the streaming on when the market reaches a certain volume, say when 100,000 has been matched in the market. I have tried turning the streaming off and on in cell Q2. However, once I turn the streaming off it doesn't update the matched volumes and so doesn't turn the streaming back on when the market reaches a matched volume of 100,000. Is there any way around this? What I am probably looking for is to refresh the market every 10 seconds, so that the matched volume is updating and then once the matched volume reaches 100,000 turn the streaming on.

Many thanks for any help.
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:13 pm

Drunkenight wrote:Hi,
I have a similar challenge here. I only need to have the streaming on when the market reaches a certain volume, say when 100,000 has been matched in the market. I have tried turning the streaming off and on in cell Q2. However, once I turn the streaming off it doesn't update the matched volumes and so doesn't turn the streaming back on when the market reaches a matched volume of 100,000. Is there any way around this? What I am probably looking for is to refresh the market every 10 seconds, so that the matched volume is updating and then once the matched volume reaches 100,000 turn the streaming on.

Many thanks for any help.

What's the refresh rate set at when you turned streaming off? If you don't tick "Full stream" then it should be updating at the refresh rate regardless of streaming being enabled. If not then this could be a bug.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:34 pm

"What's the refresh rate set at when you turned streaming off? "

It was set to 5 seconds. In preferences - general, I had "Full prices stream by default".

I have also found another related issue. If there is nothing in Q2 the excel logging doesn't seem to work. So for example, if you open a new spreadsheet then try and link to excel it doesn't bring in the market data. In addition if you link to excel and every thing is working ok then you change cell Q2 to be empty it seems to stop the updating.

Hope this helps.
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Drunkenight wrote:"What's the refresh rate set at when you turned streaming off? "

It was set to 5 seconds. In preferences - general, I had "Full prices stream by default".

I have also found another related issue. If there is nothing in Q2 the excel logging doesn't seem to work. So for example, if you open a new spreadsheet then try and link to excel it doesn't bring in the market data. In addition if you link to excel and every thing is working ok then you change cell Q2 to be empty it seems to stop the updating.

Hope this helps.

Please re-install. It should fix this issue.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:58 pm

Ah yes! I was using 1.3.0.38b Beta. The new version 1.3.38c Beta has fixed this issue.

I will continue testing.........

Thanks!
Drunkenight

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:26 pm

OK so this time when I set a refresh rate using excel and the q2 cell it works at that refresh rate. However I can't get it to go back to the full streaming rate. If I try and set the streaming, by putting "ALL-STREAM-ON" in q2 it just refreshes at the rate I had previously selected. I can go into the preferences - general screen and select "Full prices stream by default" and check the "Stream prices" and "Stream orders" boxes, but it still only refreshes at the rate I had previously selected.

The only way I can get it to go back to full streaming is to open a new tab. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.
Drunkenight

Postby MarkRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:44 pm

Drunkenight wrote:OK so this time when I set a refresh rate using excel and the q2 cell it works at that refresh rate. However I can't get it to go back to the full streaming rate. If I try and set the streaming, by putting "ALL-STREAM-ON" in q2 it just refreshes at the rate I had previously selected. I can go into the preferences - general screen and select "Full prices stream by default" and check the "Stream prices" and "Stream orders" boxes, but it still only refreshes at the rate I had previously selected.

The only way I can get it to go back to full streaming is to open a new tab. Hope this makes sense. Thanks.

This was mentioned a few posts back.
You can't set Full Stream On/Off from Excel currently.
Gary needs to add a couple of more triggers
FULL-STREAM-ON and FULL-STREAM-OFF
I'm sure it's coming soon.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby Drunkenight » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:03 pm

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I didn't really understand the difference between FULL-STREAM-ON and ALL-STREAM-ON. I think I get it now.

Will be great to get some triggers that toggle the FULL-STREAM on and off.

Thanks.
Drunkenight

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:04 am

Have just uploaded version 1.3.0.38d. This includes FULL-STREAM-ON and FULL-STREAM-OFF Q2 triggers.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby eclipse » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:57 pm

GaryRussell wrote:Have just uploaded version 1.3.0.38d. This includes FULL-STREAM-ON and FULL-STREAM-OFF Q2 triggers.

Thanks Gary, nice work!
eclipse

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion