API NG

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: API NG

Postby eclipse » Tue May 30, 2017 3:01 pm

Any news on the streaming version yet Gary? Would love to give it a go.
eclipse

Postby Captain Sensible » Wed May 31, 2017 5:40 pm

eclipse wrote:Any news on the streaming version yet Gary? Would love to give it a go.

Mark said it was due for the Aintree meeting back in March, just not which Aintree meeting :(

I was speaking to someone recently who was asking about Gruss and other betting software, they were saying this is the only forum where you can't even register unless you're a subscriber which could explain why it's always quiet on the forum. Guess it tops the odd spam post but if people can't even ask questions before buying you're probably missing out on quite a few customers.
Captain Sensible

Postby MarkRussell » Wed May 31, 2017 6:49 pm

Hi,

The forum is for users of the software.
You can register to use the forum as soon as you have registered to use the software, i.e. on the free trial.
This restriction was put in place to stop the spam which was littering the forum.
Anyone interested in the software is welcome to use the free trial and therefore can then register to use the forum.

The aim was to get the streaming done for Aintree but unfortunately we were unable to meet that deadline due to the problems Gary has found with coding the order streaming.
There is just one part left to code relating to settled bets and then it will be ready for people to try.
Hopefully shouldn't be too much longer.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:41 pm

Hi,

Just a quick update.
The coding of the streaming is completed and does include triggers to control from Excel.
We are just internally testing at the moment and will be releasing the Beta version in the very near future.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby eclipse » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:46 pm

Thanks for the update Mark, look forward to it.
eclipse

Postby Daywalker » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Excellent news. To what extent will our VBA bots need recoding to take advantage of the streaming?
Daywalker

Postby alrodopial » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Will we be able with the new api ng to download into excel the best 5 back/lay odds/amounts - instead of best 3 now -
"by default" ? - (without extra com calls)
alrodopial

Postby Drunkenight » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:35 pm

Excellent news! Thanks Mark for the update. Look forward to trying it out. I would also second Alrodopial's suggestion to download the best 5 back/lay prices into excel if it is possible at some stage, but not until you have the new beta version out.
Thanks for the update.
Drunkenight

Postby eclipse » Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:41 pm

How's the testing looking Mark?
eclipse

Postby MarkRussell » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:30 am

eclipse wrote:How's the testing looking Mark?

Hi,

It's going well, we are nearly ready to release a Beta version.
The hold up is because there have been a couple of bug reports which Gary has had to investigate.
Obviously we don't want to release the Beta with known bugs so these just need to be checked and fixed accordingly.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby xraymitch » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:11 am

GaryRussell wrote:I am going to try and put this right. It's frustrating how much code I am having to change to get streaming working, but it will be worth it. The next release will also definitely include the green up/red up Excel trigger I have been promising. We will then start working through suggestions again.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for all your hard work regarding streaming .

I am wondering if the beta release 1.3.0.38 announced on the 26th June 2017 will include the green up/red up Excel trigger.

Thanks
xraymitch

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:01 pm

xraymitch wrote:
GaryRussell wrote:I am going to try and put this right. It's frustrating how much code I am having to change to get streaming working, but it will be worth it. The next release will also definitely include the green up/red up Excel trigger I have been promising. We will then start working through suggestions again.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for all your hard work regarding streaming .

I am wondering if the beta release 1.3.0.38 announced on the 26th June 2017 will include the green up/red up Excel trigger.

Thanks

It does, but I spotted something just before release. I will reveal the names of the triggers in the next few days.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:25 pm

Thanks for the new release. I note you've just fixed the Q2 bug where the spreadsheet was not linking if a value was there. My question is how does this affect the streaming. All my spreadsheets have values in Q2 to adjust the refresh rate based on time. If I leave them there does this mean they override the streaming and I go back to a normal refresh rate? i.e q2 blank default all streaming on, q2 = number no streaming refresh on?
Deestar

Postby Deestar » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:36 pm

As an aside, does anyone having any good links explaining the main advantages/disadvantages of using streaming?
Deestar

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:55 pm

Deestar wrote:Thanks for the new release. I note you've just fixed the Q2 bug where the spreadsheet was not linking if a value was there. My question is how does this affect the streaming. All my spreadsheets have values in Q2 to adjust the refresh rate based on time. If I leave them there does this mean they override the streaming and I go back to a normal refresh rate? i.e q2 blank default all streaming on, q2 = number no streaming refresh on?

If full streaming isn't ticked in Betting Options then it's effectively the same as without streaming except the data is polled from a local cache instead of the API. The data is streamed from Betfair and the local cache is kept fresh, but the display is only updated from the cache each refresh interval. This is still better than polling because bandwidth is reduced. Q2 will work as before in this instance.

If full streaming is ticked the refresh rate is ignored and the display is updated as soon as new data received. Q2 will not override this option.
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion