API NG

Discuss anything related to using the program (eg. triggered betting tactics)

Moderator: 2020vision

Re: API NG

Postby tsiri » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:25 pm

Hi Guys

can someones point me to update d}? I could only find earlier b} on upload thread.
Must be only dumbass visit this forum :(
tsiri

Postby GaryRussell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:31 pm

tsiri wrote:Hi Guys

can someones point me to update d}? I could only find earlier b} on upload thread.
Must be only dumbass visit this forum :(

See following thread.
http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9763
GaryRussell
Site Admin

Postby tsiri » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:51 pm

OK Downloaded d} and up and away.
...........and Thanks for the work to create the new release.
tsiri

Postby eclipse » Wed Jun 28, 2017 3:33 pm

Not sure if its a bug or not but have noticed with full streaming on occasionally the back price 3 and back price 2 have nothing in them on different horses , even when horses are a fairly low odds. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
eclipse

Postby Harryperry » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:48 pm

The Dashboard is not showing any bets in the pop up. Even though I have open bets.
Harryperry

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:54 pm

Harryperry wrote:The Dashboard is not showing any bets in the pop up. Even though I have open bets.

Hi,

This has been fixed in version 1.3.0.38d
Please uninstall and re-install from same link.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby alrodopial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:15 pm

whats the diff between triggers:
FULL-STREAM-ON
and
ALL-STREAM-ON
???
alrodopial

Postby MarkRussell » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:41 pm

alrodopial wrote:whats the diff between triggers:
FULL-STREAM-ON
and
ALL-STREAM-ON
???

So ALL-STREAM-ON turns on both price streaming and order streaming.

FULL-STREAM-ON really only applies to when you have price streaming already turned on.
It just means that instead of having the prices refreshed at set intervals, e.g. every second or every 0.5 second etc you have the prices refreshed as soon as they change in the stream feed.
In a fast moving market such as in play horse racing the prices might change quicker than 200 ms which is quicker than you would see in the old polling method of requesting price refreshes.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby alrodopial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:47 pm

didn't test it yet so here some questions:
with streaming on will there be an update if only an amount has changed? (not odds)
at this case will also there be a 16 columns update in excel?
will ba accept smaller that 0.2secs updates? ( update at every small diff in odds/amounts looks too much for me but e.g a 0.1 looks useful)
if the above can not be done can ba have streaming on but excel have its own refresh rate?
alrodopial

Postby alrodopial » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:49 pm

another one from us with no good English knowledge:

what does "order" streaming does?
alrodopial

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:16 pm

alrodopial wrote:didn't test it yet so here some questions:
with streaming on will there be an update if only an amount has changed? (not odds)
at this case will also there be a 16 columns update in excel?
will ba accept smaller that 0.2secs updates? ( update at every small diff in odds/amounts looks too much for me but e.g a 0.1 looks useful)
if the above can not be done can ba have streaming on but excel have its own refresh rate?

Hi,

Yes the stream reports changes to odds and amounts.
Excel still updates in the same way, i.e. in a block of 16 columns.
Using Full Stream you could have updates that are smaller than 0.2 seconds.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:19 pm

alrodopial wrote:another one from us with no good English knowledge:

what does "order" streaming does?

Hi,

Order Streaming is getting your bets data using the streaming method.
It is a separate stream to the price data.
Order streaming reports changes to bets as soon as they occur.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby alrodopial » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:52 pm

So order streaming is something that does not affect me as customer or my macros ( if it's on or off)
it could have been easily a "default" option for ba without me able to turning it on and off?

you say "Using Full Stream you could have updates that are smaller than 0.2 seconds"

if I turn it on and prices/odds change e.g. every 0.025s will this 0.025s be my update interval in excel?
it is too small for me, there will be many cases with these intervals
the reason is that I dont want my macros to be run at such intervals
If it can not be controlled from Q2 at e.g. 0.1s excel updates I must set a timer in my macros that let the macros run only when I want them and not in the intervals
Will this be needed?
alrodopial

Postby MarkRussell » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:50 pm

alrodopial wrote:So order streaming is something that does not affect me as customer or my macros ( if it's on or off)
it could have been easily a "default" option for ba without me able to turning it on and off?

you say "Using Full Stream you could have updates that are smaller than 0.2 seconds"

if I turn it on and prices/odds change e.g. every 0.025s will this 0.025s be my update interval in excel?
it is too small for me, there will be many cases with these intervals
the reason is that I dont want my macros to be run at such intervals
If it can not be controlled from Q2 at e.g. 0.1s excel updates I must set a timer in my macros that let the macros run only when I want them and not in the intervals
Will this be needed?

Hi,

Order Streaming is just another way of getting your bets data, e.g. if you have an unmatched bet that then gets matched.

In this new version Betfair have requested that we make both Price Streaming and Order Streaming the default options but you can turn both off in Preferences.

With Full Price Streaming the odds and amounts update in Excel as soon as the stream receives the change which in a fast moving in play market could be less that 0.2 seconds.
But you don't have to use Full Stream, you can have price streaming and still set a refresh interval such as 0.2 seconds by turning off Full Stream.
With Full Stream off Excel will update as it did before streaming was introduced.

Regards,
Mark
MarkRussell
Site Admin

Postby GaryRussell » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:26 pm

eclipse wrote:Not sure if its a bug or not but have noticed with full streaming on occasionally the back price 3 and back price 2 have nothing in them on different horses , even when horses are a fairly low odds. Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

It is a bug. See http://www.gruss-software.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=9779&p=50170#p50170
GaryRussell
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discussion